Interior wood work

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
2nd generation

Interior wood work

Post by 2nd generation »

I came across this listing and thought it was interesting. It has an inboard engine but what really caught my eye was the interior. Check out the woodwork. It is fun to dream about what can be done with enough time and money.

http://www.sailboatbrokers.com/ywdetail ... o=torresen
Mike
(former owner of) 1975 C-22 "Mel-O"
parared

Post by parared »

Wow ... is that carpet on the ceiling?
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Wow. And it is the fixed keel. Also with the "tall rig" option, which I think was only available in the earlier models.
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

I can only imagine what that weighs! WOW! Beautiful work though!

Scott
njerrell

Post by njerrell »

Hey thats what my 26 will look like when im done with her!,Well at least i hope its kind of close to that anyway :D
2nd generation

Post by 2nd generation »

I just hope I can make my hatch boards look as nice as Scott's.

When I was looking for my boat last year I saw a 1976 C22 with the tall rig option. The owner told me the tall rig was the same mast that was used on the C26 but put on a C22. Is that true? Just curious for more useless knowledge, does anyone have any to share?
Mike
(former owner of) 1975 C-22 "Mel-O"
NYCSAILOR

Post by NYCSAILOR »

sweet, so damn clean and great price when you factor in ...it includes the engine!!!...stored inside, topsides are gorgeous....

I am planning that type of treatment in the c-26 as well ...what type of wood slats do you think those are on the walls...and yes they put carpet on the ceiling....
Did anyone do a teak/holly sole in a c-26 ( fixed keel) and give me advice?

I also heard that the tall rig is the c-26 mast and w/ fixed fin keel that that c-22 set-up is known in our waters ( LI, NY) as FAST!
njerrell

Post by njerrell »

Im not sure what the slats are,but i have looked at some flat wood trim at lowes and home depot and am thinking it would be simple to stain them and then attach to the hull,havent decided to do it yet but i sure like the way it looks,as far as teak and holley sole im not sure if im the right one to try and tackle that job,i think id screw that up and its just to expensive for trial and error!I have looked at this stuff and it seems simple but is also on the expensive side.

https://www.mailordercentral.com/welcom ... number=THS
FranS

Post by FranS »

Ok, now I have boat envy :-)
keysskipper

Post by keysskipper »

whoa Nellie, with an inboard and fixed keel? think thats the original finish topside? 8) KS
ronc98

Post by ronc98 »

loving the wood work! That gives me some ideas.
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

To quote a guy I use to work with... "That is tight!" Translation, WOW!
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
NYCSAILOR

Post by NYCSAILOR »

that is one hell've a big small boat and I bet it is fast..maybe a J24 killer....

I have seen teh new teak holly sole "linoleum" products and I am very tempted for ease of install and to save weight but I am worried that it will look cheap and cheesy and look so damn fake..I am trying to make the cabin look warm and richer with LESS plastic... but has anyone actaully seen any of this fake stuff..is it convincing? I bought a small sample and it was really too small to tell adn anyway it was so shiny plastic I wasn't oo impressed.... but I am sure it looks very diffrent installed on the sole..

I was looking a birch panelling at Home depot that is very thin and has a unstained "bead board or toung/groove kinda wainscotting real wood finish that you could stain...I am not sure it is flexible enough fo the walls of teh v berth though...