ooohhh! a Chrysler (TMI) 30 on e-bay!!

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
monty

ooohhh! a Chrysler (TMI) 30 on e-bay!!

Post by monty »

Messing About
78 C26D (I added the 'D' cause it's got the Volvo diesel!) #490
hp18carr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hp18carr »

Sweet... but who in their right mind would just give this old classic away? Must be a tax write off. There are still 9 days to go, if it doesn't sale for between $10 too $15000 I'll be surprised. If I had not just sunk an ungodly amount into home repairs... dream on young man dream on. :cry:

Terrence
Wilmington N.C.
Chrysler 26' 1980
Pandora (for now)
Mario G

Post by Mario G »

@#%&@ Inst that the wy it always happens. I have family inthe Baltimore area that I could have visited to get a look at it .....oh well

Terrence I would have made them a offer of 15k if we didn't have our E-32, not that I think you will see it hit the 10k range donated boats just don't sell well. but someone is going to end up with a very sweet boat
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
hp18carr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hp18carr »

OH WELL!

It went for under $8000... I felt sure it would go for more. Good sailing to the one who got it.

Terrence
Wilmington N.C.
Chrysler 26' 1980
Pandora (for now)
excavman

It's Back----

Post by excavman »

That TMI/C-30 is back on eBay, 6 days to go. I sure wish I had the dough to get it and sail it to AR.
NYCSAILOR

Post by NYCSAILOR »

my guess is something must really be very wrong with the boat... why was it donated and then the ebay buyer backs out for just 8,000.
C-26, Fixed Keel # 343
Windward

Post by Windward »

Sometimes the buyer comes to the realization that he just can't put together the cash, or the logistics. Of course, you're supposed to figure that out before you bid....

Sometimes, too, the owner's description and the boat's actual condition do not jibe. Unless you are truly flush with cash and can afford that amount of risk, it's wise to try and arrive at a "pending acceptable survey" or "if found as stated" agreement with the seller prior to bidding. Not always possible, though, and in this case it clearly states "being sold as is with no warranty,expressed or implied as to condition,description and usability." The caveat emptor is pretty clear.

That said, based on what I see in the ad the boat looks great! If I had cash available I'd be driving to Baltimore this weekend to have a look and possibly a mini-survey, and would almost certainly bid unless something was badly wrong.
Chrysler20%26

Post by Chrysler20%26 »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... Track=true I think the reason this is up for bid agin is becase you would be bidding on only 1/2 ownership, I have asked the qusten to e-bay, watting for reply. I would not bid on 1/2 of a boat.
Windward

Post by Windward »

I read that a couple of times. I think the current owner was a 1/2 owner, and the second 1/2 owner died. My assumption was that the entire ownership then reverted to the live owner, although I'm not sure how it would escape the deceased owner's estate.

Wonder if he died on the boat? Thinking about that old chestnut: There's this great deal on a car, but there's one problem....
Mario G

Post by Mario G »

Damn what I think is the living 1/2 owner donated it and because there were 2 names on the document that you get his signiture plus the death certificate of the other !/2 owner so it can be registered. I had something simular when I lived in the Baltimore area on a classic car I bought. (no no-one died in it but at one time I turned down a very cheap Porshe 911 for that reason.)

Again what a really great deal and as much as I really love our E-32 will be kicking myself for a long time on missing out on this one.
Windward

Post by Windward »

Yeah, but you'll be kicking yourself while sailing that E32 in great places. 8)

I've always wanted a 911. While I've developed a more restrained driving style over the years, probably still best that I don't have one.
Chrysler20%26

Post by Chrysler20%26 »

I got a reply from saler, You would be bidding on the Whole Boat. So why the guy backed out is stel a ??? Vary hard for me, Not to bid on this. 5 ton of nice sailboat with a 11 'beem just 500 miles from home. It is to big for a 28' x 9' slip. An a swing keel is a must have.
excavman

Post by excavman »

Well, it sold again, $6100 this time. Let's see if it stays sold this time.
Chrysler20%26

Post by Chrysler20%26 »

10,000 # of nice sailboat sold for $ 6,100. Someone got a nice boat, hope thay are on this Forum live to hear about what I missed out on.