$12,900 for a C26

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
trev
Site Admin
Site Admin

$12,900 for a C26

Post by trev »

Does this seem a little high or am I just cheap? It does look real nice, seems to come with quite a bit, and new rigging but no trailer. I'm not looking to buy this just curious on others opinion on the price.

http://providence.craigslist.org/boa/1524316154.html
77 C25
Myasis Dragon
http://www.svmyasisdragon.com
Chrysler20%26

Post by Chrysler20%26 »

Nice boat, BUT no trailer. For the money he wonts, it should come with three sisters. In other words, he wonts 3 x what I would pay.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Overpriced ? Only if it doesn't sell at that price. :wink: Sounds like someone did a lot of great work, and a lot of the upgrades listed are expensive items. That's a really nice outboard and isn't cheap.
I think if it had a trailer that was as nice as the boat is, it would be closer to a price I would go for were I in that market with that kind of money..

To the owner - nice work on putting this old Chrysler into great shape..
Banshi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Banshi »

I have spent a lot of time looking and it is way over priced but if he can get the money good for him. I know if someone had to pay me what I paid for my boat plus the time and material I have spent on it the cost would be way more than what it is worth on the open market. But price is always relative to the size of your pocket book and your desire to own a particular piece of property, find the right buyer and cha ching..............
Mario G

Post by Mario G »

It seems like a fair deal with everything and it is the early deck, I'm tring real hard not to jump the gun and buy a bigger boat untill this summer, but that is tempting.

The 1st mate and I have been talking alot about semi retirement and finding a boat we could live on months to a year or so at a time, but has to be something I still enjoy sailing. I don't see her letting go the site of land so a good coastal crusier like this really might fit the requirement.

If its still avalible in a few months I might go look at it.
monty

Post by monty »

At that price it should come with a real nice trailer, IMHO. But, I suppose if you sat down with a pencil and paper and added all the gear and time spent on this or any other boat . . . .
Messing About
78 C26D (I added the 'D' cause it's got the Volvo diesel!) #490
NYCSAILOR

Post by NYCSAILOR »

Seler is probably trying to justify his total rebedding project and what torture it was....

BTW: what is "Bluewater Performance bulkhead organizer in V- berth"
C-26, Fixed Keel # 343
tgentry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tgentry »

Let's hope he gets it. It would be nice knowing my boat is appreciating.
Tom
1981 Endeavour 43 s/v Pearl Lee
Former 1976 Columbia Payne 9.6 s/v Gin Rhumby
Former 1979 Chrysler 26, s/v Copacetic
http://www.asswhaffleyachtclub.net
http://www.svpearllee.com
NYCSAILOR

Post by NYCSAILOR »

Oh Great, now we got to up our insurance on our chryslers......

Hey Mario...is the early deck more desireable? curious that you oint that out...btw; I think this is the sister ship to windward...
C-26, Fixed Keel # 343
eamac

Post by eamac »

Hi all,

Thanks to all for your comments about the C-26 listed on Craigslist. I am the current owner and recognize that the asking price is more than is commonly seen for C-26s. Keep in mind it is also an asking price.

As some have rightly pointed out in this thread, the additions and upgrades have cost far more than what I am asking. Everything that could be done to improve/upgrade this boat is done. I'm sure there are a few things I have forgotten to list, like all new 1/8" stainless steel backing plates throughout. I will post some interior shots when I get a chance.

I intended to post the listing under the "for sale" section on this excellent discussion board but someone beat me to it by starting the discussion. :)

The C-26 certainly has earned a loyal following and rightfully so.

Thanks,
eamac
eamac

s/v Bay Tripper
1978 C-26
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Again congratulations on a great and comprehensive upgrade ! When you add it all up and get the sum of all the upgrades, repairs, and the outboard, etc it does make a difference.
eamac

Post by eamac »

Thanks EE. We'll see what happens. I would consider trades also.
eamac

s/v Bay Tripper
1978 C-26
trev
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by trev »

Don't get me wrong it's very beautiful boat with a lot of hard work and money put into it, I would love to have it. I was not factoring in your location versus mine which probably makes a huge difference in value, not much of a sailboat market in central Minnesota . Best of luck in your sale.
77 C25
Myasis Dragon
http://www.svmyasisdragon.com
eamac

Post by eamac »

Thanks trev!
eamac

s/v Bay Tripper
1978 C-26