bridle length?

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
turbo1168
Site Admin
Site Admin

bridle length?

Post by turbo1168 »

I need to make a set of mast raising bridles, neither C-22 came with them. Can anybody give me the lengths of them and possibly pictures? Scott
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

Turbo...here are the bridles I use...I made mine out of 3/16, 7 X 19 SS wire rope that I had on hand...they worked marvelously.
click here viewtopic.php?t=1505&highlight=bridle
Bill
turbo1168
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by turbo1168 »

Thanks Bill, that is perfect!
J. Austin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J. Austin »

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." - William Arthur Ward
jerecaustin.com
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Paul »

I made mine based on this picture as well. The specs don't give the size of the eyes. Mine turned out too small, especially if you plan on using the racheting straps that someone showed in this forum. I also nicopressed the main eye so it is hard to change the size of it. Mine look neat, but I'd go with about a 2" diameter loop for the main eye.

Paul
Tranquil Chaos
blu by you

bridal

Post by blu by you »

turbo , dumb question are the bridals really needed i think i have them but im still up north if you dont have them before i get down there your welcome to copy mine
im a new chrysler c 22 owner (bought it the end of may )i will be sailing out of port ritchie fl
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

since I made mine out of 3/16 cable, my eyes were larger than depicted in the drawing...I seem to have plenty of room for the ropes that stabilize the gin pole and mast...yes the bridles are needed to stabilize the whole rig as it goes up.
Bill