Remember that Wasp problem I had last summer?

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Remember that Wasp problem I had last summer?

Post by Alanhod »

It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

LOL! I can just picture it!

Neighbors from a distance watching Alan dancing with his pressure washer swearing badly and grinning from ear to ear!

Scott
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

The redhead is severely allergic to the red wasp, as well as bees and such. We always carry an EpiPen on board. If you ever get stung out there, and have a reaction, you sure aren't going to make a mad dash to the hospital at sailing speeds.

Down here the red/orange ones are highly aggressive, and love to build in gutters and under eaves. I deal with them from 25' feet away with knockdown spray, no mercy.
Banshi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Banshi »

Knock on wood........I for some strange reason have not had much of a issue with wasps, odd considering where I live. I do keep it closed up and covered but not tight enough to keep them out. When I clean the inside I use a bleach based cleaner, perhaps the residue keeps them away.
Mario G

Post by Mario G »

The nest was empty when I thru it out today :roll: I knew I wasn't going to do much to the C-22 this season...lol so I let them stay aslong as I could hang out inside also..

I did get the bulk head installed and was able to keep it dry inside the whole season with out getting stung. :lol:
slane1124

Post by slane1124 »

I was not as humane as you. I sprayed about 3 gallons of wasp spray, ant spray, roach spray, even some WD40 that I had nearby. Killed every last one of them. Sprayed, then jumped out of boat to run away from the defense team. Happened several times while trying to eradicate all. Was able to get away unstung. Found nests in mast, trailer tonge, wheel well, and throughout cabin. Guess you can tell I don't spend enough time on the Sea-Shell-E!!
Robbie
'76 Chrysler 22
"Sea-Shell-E"
sail # 879
www.ndipolygraphservices.com
Capt. Bondo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Capt. Bondo »

Do they still make Shell No-Pest-Strips?
I bet one of thoughts would keep the buggers out.
H:)ppy Place
78 Chrysler 22

You can go to a Zen Master or you can go Sailing, either way you end up in about the same place..... a Happy Place
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing