Mast Support Jig

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
parared

Mast Support Jig

Post by parared »

Hi all,
I just pulled my Dia for the season, and she is going to spend another restful winter in my driveway. My C22 does not have the rear railing, and I was thinking about making a support for the mast back there, probably coupled with something at the bow. Does anyone have a picture or drawing of a support like that, before I start to wing it :)?
FranS

Post by FranS »

Sorry I can't locate a picture. Hubby put something togtherfor transport and storage using scrap that was around, a peice of plywood about 18 inches wide 3 feet high with a notch cut on top to rest the mast. He screwed it to a 2 x 4, flat edge down, along the bottom edge wide enough to go laterally across the beam of the cockpit.

Drilled two holes on either side up high and fed line through which we secured to the U bolts on the stern, two holes on the bottom which we secured to the stern cleats.

Hope this helps.
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
clair hofmann

Post by clair hofmann »

Do you take your motor off to tow? You could make a support out of some 3/4 plywood and a 2x4. Cut the ply to fit the motor mount and extend up past it long enough to bolt the 2x4 to it. Cut a vee in the top of the 2x like Alan did then or clamp the plate to the motor mount.

I use something similar on my Ventures but they have transom hung rudders and I simply use the gudgeons.

Clair
Banshi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Banshi »

I made a rail with a built in roller to make shifting the mast from the traveling to the stepping position easier.