OT-Boat for you PNW guys

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

OT-Boat for you PNW guys

Post by EmergencyExit »

Scott, Billy, Alan. You guys should go together on this one in Port Townsend

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1913/Ba ... ted-States

The seller has a buddy with a boat for sale down the coast too, but it's a lot more
http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1947/Al ... ted-States

Scott you might get some guitar lessons in the deal with either seller
anotherfng

Post by anotherfng »

Thanks alot!!! My wife saw these pics, and now our little C26 just isnt quite nice enough anymore!! Looks like i have a high maintainence 1st mate on my hands!! (Beautiful boat!)
1977 C26 - Easter Lily
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Oh, thanks!
Now I want it! LOL!

Anybody want to loan me some money??

Scott
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Scott, you noticed whose ships those were ?
Mario G

Post by Mario G »

Wait as I see it I've spent a good share of money that helped buy Neil's boat. If you figure albums tapes and concert tickets yea and I really even had one of his 8-tracks in the last 30 years ...I should get to sail it before he sells it.

Its a nice little insite to a singer that could get this yankee living in the south shot., and thats from the 1st mate. No Young plays in the house when shes here...lol

You have to wonder about 2 former members of a band selling at the same time?
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Mario G wrote: No Young plays in the house when shes here...lol
Yep, down here we forgive but we don't forget. I think it was a nice touch that after Skynyrd took that "southern man" pot shot at him, he became a fan and reportedly a friend. Personally I loved the guy's attitude.

Now the Mayan, oh, man, can you imagine the stories of the ship that "wooden ships" was written aboard ? I once read a Crosby friend relating that Crosby preferred bring the Mayan in under sail not power, and took great delight in laughing and flipping off any jet ski's or power boats that got in the way.

Oh, well, back to reality. My mast step area has spider cracks..and my mushroom bearings are worn out :? My gelcoat went chalky again too....
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

EmergencyExit wrote:Scott, you noticed whose ships those were ?
Actually, I did!

I also wondered why two band members would sell at the same time. Wish I could have a boat like that but reality states that I prefer fiberglass. Wood is beautiful but I really do not care for the maintainance.

Beautiful boats though!
Scott
Windward

Post by Windward »

Mario G wrote:... that's from the 1st mate. No Young plays in the house when shes here...lol
If we hook up in a couple of weeks I'll be sure to treat your Cinnamon Girl to a couple from Neal. Hopefully she won't leave me helpless, be it downtown or down by the river. Ideally she won't take it out on you. Likely won't have the new stereo installed, but the old one's not bad and only draws about 1 amp.
Windward

Post by Windward »

69Shark wrote:... reality states that I prefer fiberglass. Wood is beautiful but I really do not care for the maintenance.
Amen to that. I love wooden boats, but I'd have to be a lot further gone to seriously consider owning one. Windward presents projects enough without bringing a wooden hull into the mix.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Windward wrote:Hopefully she won't leave me helpless, be it downtown or down by the river.

lol
Four strong winds to you, Windward ! And long may you run.
Windward

Post by Windward »

Wow! I think I'm having a deja vu, but don't let it bring you down. I believe in you, and you can tell me why later. In the mean time, it may take ten men working to get Windward set for goin' back to the coast in a couple of weeks. Perhaps I can afford them after the goldrush, but for now I'll have to hold back the tears, bite the bullet and do it myself for my own peace of mind.
Lucky Jack

Post by Lucky Jack »

Rust Never Sleeps. Luckily that don't enter into things much with fiberglass:

http://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/19535
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

Wow, those are a couple of real nice boats. Okay I think the first one is a ship. I think it would take several time my normal paycheck just to keep one of these boats in maintenance, much less pay for it, and moorage. :shock:

I'd sail them though... With a lot of help, I'd sail them.

Thanks
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Windward wrote:it may take ten men working to get Windward set for goin' back to the coast
Jeff you sound like an old man but we know you have a heart of gold and will get her ready. :wink:
Bhacurly
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bhacurly »

Hmm,

Dont think they'd fit in the shop... thanks for the heads up though!
:wink: