Making headway on my interior!! (pics)

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
anotherfng

Making headway on my interior!! (pics)

Post by anotherfng »

After a lot of work I am finally making some headway on my interior! I think I really like this (vinyl) simulated teak flooring! Here are some pics of my progress!
1977 C26 - Easter Lily
hp18carr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hp18carr »

Looks to be coming along nicely... I envy you guys that find boats with the interiors still mostly covered with carpet. My c26 interior has layer after layer of old moldy, flaky paint. Even using Ready Strip marine stripper it's still slow going. Working underneath and behind the cockpit locker back while it was still 90+ with 100% humidity was pure torment. The breathing and eye protection I wear only added fuel to the fire. :shock:

Terrence
Wilmington N.C.
Chrysler 26 1980
Pandora (for now)
anotherfng

Post by anotherfng »

Believe me, I understand about working in the heat! Its been 100-115 since i have had this boat and I am too impatient to wait for it to cool down to work on it! Lots of sweat in my eyes! Its been tough going and I cant stay down in that sweat box very long, but as you can see a few minutes at a time adds up after a while, and i think the temp is finally starting to head back down!! :D
1977 C26 - Easter Lily
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

WOW!
Thats a ton of work!
I really look forward to the before and after photos!!!!!!

Nice job!

Scott
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

Looking good. Keep up the good work. At this rate you'll be putting up the all done check it out photo's by the end of the month.

As for the heat, I think we only had about 4 weeks of what could be called summer here in hte Seattle area. Our rainy season just started up in the last week of August. It only got sunny after July 5th and I think it rained every week in between at least once. Now it rains all the time in Seattle but we normally have at least 2 months of sun. Not this year. :cry:

Thanks
Alan

P.S. Getting out the winter coats and hats. :shock:
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Understand the heat as well. Little work was done on EE this summer just for that reason. It is getting nicer lately tho.
Mario G

Post by Mario G »

That floor looks great I know the carpet is leaveing ours soon I want something I can do in a weekend . I have great work conditions at the marina

Do you know what the toatle cost and time was? Do you expect any traction problems and is your first mate going to say something when her bare feet hit the floor on a morning your out to veiw the fall foliage :lol:

I was thinking about going up the sides also.
anotherfng

Post by anotherfng »

The flooring is called allure vinyl flooring! It comes in boxes with approx. 25 square feet of flooring costing aroud $40.00 per box. One box will do the enire main floor not including the area infront of the head and into the v-berth. (im carpeting that area)and also not including if you want to go up the sides.(carpeted that area aswell). The planks have adheasive overlapping strips so the adhere to each other and float over the floor as apposed to adhereing to the floor. The time i spent on installing the floor wasnt much more than an hour. Very easy!! Traction is not a problem, i have had it wet a couple times and its not slippery at all. The flooring is textured and you can actually feel the wood grain. It actually feels like real wood when its on the ground.
1977 C26 - Easter Lily
tgentry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tgentry »

Brilliant! Looks like a trip to Home Depot is in our near future.
Tom
1981 Endeavour 43 s/v Pearl Lee
Former 1976 Columbia Payne 9.6 s/v Gin Rhumby
Former 1979 Chrysler 26, s/v Copacetic
http://www.asswhaffleyachtclub.net
http://www.svpearllee.com
monty

Post by monty »

Nice floor! What are your ideas for a galley? I didn't like the lack of access to the diesel, so I am doing a galley on the port side up against the bulkhead. I lose half the table and some seating, but with the other table- half up it makes for a large prep area! I moved the fuel tank to the rear of the engine on the centreline. It's just roughed in for now and nothing's hooked up.
I'm getting ready to put the boat in for the first time and just tried the diesel for the first time in a year - I'd hate to tell you how easily it started!
Messing About
78 C26D (I added the 'D' cause it's got the Volvo diesel!) #490
anotherfng

Post by anotherfng »

I am in the process of designing a galley that is partially collapsable and slides back into the rear berth area, so I can have the entire sitting area when I want, and also so when I remove the stairs I have unabstructed access to the diesel. Ill post pics when I work it out!
1977 C26 - Easter Lily
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing