New Guy C-22

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Moonshine Jim

New Guy C-22

Post by Moonshine Jim »

Well I just picked up a C-22 and I'm a little overwhelmed. I've been sailing for about 12 years but she is my first sailboat. She has a roller furling which is new to me. Not sure how the furler and the halyard operate together. Anyone with advice would be great. Took some pictures of the system but don't know how to upload them.
1975 C-22 Callisto
Toms River, NJ
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Well, let me be the first to welcome you aboard!

The furling system on your C22 is a great thing to have! Learn to use it properly at you will LOVE it!

Maybe someone is more local to you than I that could help you out in person!

Again, WELCOME!

Scott
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Welcome aboard...for a handy guide on posting pics, click the link below

viewtopic.php?t=1373
Moonshine Jim

Post by Moonshine Jim »

Thanks for the welcome and the information regarding photos. Here is what I've learned about my furler. It is a CDI Flexible Furler and appears to be model FF2. After reviewing their website I have learned the halyard is currently not feed properly in the furler and cannot be corrected with out bringing the furler down it appears. So I guess I'll just sail her with the main for the next few weeks until I have her lifted for the winter when I'll have time to make corrections and repairs.
1975 C-22 Callisto
Toms River, NJ
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
Moonshine Jim

Post by Moonshine Jim »

Hello Alan,
Thanks for the welcome! I promise to ask plenty of silly questions. My C-22 is a 1975 and I have named her "Callisto". I did get a great deal. At least I think so. $800 including a 9.9 Evenrude outboard. She previously had no name, as far as I can tell, which I think is sad. The mast has lines all over it. Including the obvious main and jib halyards, but it also has a spin (It did not come with a spinnaker or a spin pole) and two others that reach the top of the mast plus a furler! It's crazy up there! Unless advised otherwise, I will make it much simpler. I promise to post pictures but it may be some time.

Jim
1975 C-22 Callisto
Toms River, NJ
Lucky Jack

Post by Lucky Jack »

Welcome Jim. Did you get yours from Craigslist? I saw one for cheap on the New Jersey Craigslist a couple weeks ago. I picked up my abandoned C-22 just yesterday and I'll also post pics soon.
kokezaru

Post by kokezaru »

Moonshine Jim wrote:Hello Alan,
She previously had no name, as far as I can tell, which I think is sad. The mast has lines all over it. Including the obvious main and jib halyards, but it also has a spin (It did not come with a spinnaker or a spin pole) and two others that reach the top of the mast plus a furler! It's crazy up there! Unless advised otherwise, I will make it much simpler. Jim
Hey Jim. Welcome aboard.
Seems to be fairly common that these boats never had a name, and it is sad.
The lines from the top of the mast should be:
1 - Main Halyard
2 - Boom topping lift
3 - Jib halyard (the furler should just use the Jib halyard.)
4 - Spin halyard
5 - Spin pole topping lift
6 - There might also be a spare halyard.

Are there more lines than that?
--Richard

'77 Chrysler C26 "Imori"
tgentry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tgentry »

Welcome aboard!

We're getting quite a fleet of C-22's lately. It's good to see people breathing new life into old boats.
Tom
1981 Endeavour 43 s/v Pearl Lee
Former 1976 Columbia Payne 9.6 s/v Gin Rhumby
Former 1979 Chrysler 26, s/v Copacetic
http://www.asswhaffleyachtclub.net
http://www.svpearllee.com
Mario G

Post by Mario G »

Welcome aboard Jim
Sounds like you did get a great deal You find the C-22 very enjoyable to sail. Where will you be sailing it?
Moonshine Jim

Post by Moonshine Jim »

Thanks for all the welcomes and info! I'll be sailing her mostly in the Barnegat Bay here in Jersey. Also I was wrong about the furler. It appears to be rigged properly. I've got a lot to learn about her! I'll take my time and have some fun. I promise to post questions and pictures as I move along in getting her ship shape.
1975 C-22 Callisto
Toms River, NJ
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Take lots of before pictures!
If you don't you will forget all the hard effort you have put into her over time!

It helps you really appreciate the wonderful days on the water!!

Scott