where is c-26 switch panel?

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
NYCSAILOR

where is c-26 switch panel?

Post by NYCSAILOR »

OK, this is embarrassing, but I ded a search and feel I must ask.

where o' where is the OEM switch panel on the 26? I forgot and can't find it...I did find my OEM fuse panel under the sink and I even followed teh wires but can't find teh panel...very weird ..
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

All EE ever had far as I know was the fuse panel ! Had individual OEM-looking labeled toggle switches scattered around the boat. Anybody else ?
NYCSAILOR

Post by NYCSAILOR »

UGH! just what I feared... a rewiring project too!

I can't even find a single switch to even turn on the nav lights....weird...i don't sail at night so never gave this a thought
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

I originally would have to leave the nav lights fuse out, then insert it if I needed them. As a quick fix, I drilled a hole above the nav light fuse and wired a lighted toggle right there. Oh, wait, it is still that way actually.

Hey, I'll give you a headstart here. The wiring to the head and vberth (as well as the mast light and VHF coax) probably runs along under the port banquette, turns into the head under the sole, then up the same corner as the mast post, then across the head ceiling in an ugly brown conduit, then into the vberth or out the deck.

That was fun re-pulling, so - Enjoy ! :wink:
NYCSAILOR

Post by NYCSAILOR »

I see these ugly brown conduits...but I thought they were aftermarket runs to teh cabin lights ( all very ugly) you think the nav light are on al lthe time and the bulbs are burn't out? weird.... I know RonS has made a really nice elec panel set-up under the stairs but I am not sure I want to give-up/block that sapce...I always thouht the c-26 had a smooth cabin liner and all wires were run OEM behind the liner and an aftermarket refitter like us would have to chop access panels all over to get at teh wiring..sounds like your job....

where are teh OEM looking toggles you are talking about ...I am particulary curious about the anchor / steamer light ont he mast...the yard charged me for a new one and I wonder if it even works... but can't find teh switch other than the really ridiculous automotive fuses circa '70s
ronc98

Post by ronc98 »

The wiring on my looked like ball of spaghetti. I pulled it all out and started over. The fuse panel that was in it when I got it was towards the right of the companionway looking out of the boat. I placed my battery bank under the stairs along with a bank switch. Most of the componets I got from GreatlakesSkipper for under $130.

Image[/img]
NYCSAILOR

Post by NYCSAILOR »

WOW! what nice work, very neat and professional. I see your galley is different and you don't have those silly shelves ont he rear cockpit bulkhead, curious about your battery set-up...are they inside the cabin on the sole on either side of the stairs or behind the stairs in the rear quarter berth bilge?
ronc98

Post by ronc98 »

My battery bank is directly under the stairs in the cabin, You can see it in the cabin picture. I constructed a box that would hold two batteries then shortened the stairs to fit on top of that box. You have battery access behind the stairs. If I did it all over again I would make a box that spans the entire width of the cabin that way I could fit in more then two batteries. I do not worry so much about venting the batteries. I have never had an issue and if I am charging them inside the boat I have the companionway open anyway.
SN691
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SN691 »

On my boat the fuse panel is under the stove and under each fuse is a toggle switch. Also in the cockpit I have on the port side above the drain is a volt meter and to left of that is the ignition key and above that is a three way switch that is for the nav lights and the anchor light.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14188702@N04/
Bob

1979 C-26

Easy Street

~~~_/)~~~
NYCSAILOR

Post by NYCSAILOR »

thanks,

I figured I would simply add toggles right under the fuse panel under the galley sink just as you describe...seems the easiest and cheapest way to go.. I do appreciate greatly your pic of teh cockpit controls as I am trying to figure out how/where to do just what you did on your boat...I will add a tach and oil warning light as well

I don't know if I am up to major carpentry like Ron's set-up....but I want a better place for the battery and add a 2nd battery as well.
SN691
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SN691 »

I also have two batterys both on port side. One is across for the gas tank with a switch next to it to turn on and off one or both batterys and under the switch is a 30 amp plug in for shore power. The second battery is in the hatch in th cockpit. I also have a solor panel on the stern rail for trickle charging the batterys.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14188702@N04/
Bob

1979 C-26

Easy Street

~~~_/)~~~
NYCSAILOR

Post by NYCSAILOR »

Excellent pics...exactly the kind of solutions I am looking for...Ialso have a solar panel to work in teh mix as well so your help is appreciated...my question is also do you find your c-26 listing at all to port? I am trying to solve this problem as well.

Finally, I really , really like where youplaced the fire extinguisher on the underside of the hatch cover..how as thi mounted on thsi thin structure? what a great idea...

thanks, where is your switch panel.?