Hey Banshi

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hey Banshi

Post by EmergencyExit »

How's by you over your way today ?

Looks like Miss Fay wants to visit you, then might take I-10 west to come see me !
Banshi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Banshi »

We are all good here but I'm thinking the Outer Banks better be getting ready (sorry Gus) these people (weather channel) are clueless when it comes to forecasting this one. Was it Camile back in the sixties that did something similar? I can't remember which one it was. The good thing is it hasn't stayed out over the water long enough to do any real strengthening just a lot of rain and a few tornadoes down south (we get this all summer long) so far and Lake Okeechobee needed it. Many people don't realize that these storms play a very large part in maintaining the Florida aquifer and lake levels and the lack of storms over the last 3 + decades has left many lakes 10 or 20 feet below where they used to be. You can go just a few minutes south to Keystone heights and all the non spring fed lakes have docks running out to dry land with no water for hundreds of yards or none at all, bridges that used to cross lakes have dry land under them and even spring fed lakes are significantly lower. Some of this of coarse is from increase use of water lowering the aquifer especially by an increased population and heavy industry like the many Dupont mines around. But I think the lack of regular tropical storm drenching is the major culprit.

As I watched the experts on the weather channel last night they showed all the possible computer generated tracks and completely dismissed the tracks taking it to the outer banks. That after showing strong upper level winds blowing in exactly that direction..................those northern track models were probably created by people who do not believe in man made global warming and therefor should be dismissed as heretics :)

Now look what you have done, I am off on my MMGW farce rant :)
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Keysskipper should have fared okay as well, I suppose.

Ivan was the odd one, came ashore FlorBama, headed northeast and entered the Atlantic near Northern Virginia (?), drifted back south to Florida, crossed South Florida, went west into SW Louisiana as a tropical depression.
Banshi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Banshi »

Did you see the wind surfer take on a building after being pounded into the sand? Ouch!
Banshi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Banshi »

Ho hum.....still waiting for this westerly track to take place, I think the longer it lingers around the greater the chance it turns north. They keep drawing the track more and more to the west as if that will force it to go that direction..................if there is one thing I know about hurricanes it is they don't care about projected paths they can go in whatever direction they want. It if does not hurry up and makes it mind up it could mess up my weekend and I won't have it :wink: