Where to place the VHF radio

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
SN691
Site Admin
Site Admin

Where to place the VHF radio

Post by SN691 »

The P.O. had his VHF and CB radio mounted inside the galley on the side under the sink
They were early 1980s radios. I bought a new VHF radio witch is about one third the side of the old one. I would like to place it in a better spot to make it easer to use. Where do you have your VHF radio located at, and do you also have a CB radio?
Bob

1979 C-26

Easy Street

~~~_/)~~~
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Ours is ceiling mounted at the rear of the salon, starboard side, just inside the hatch. If you were to slide the hatch forward a foot, and reach it to the right, you'd grab the mic. You can use it while standing at the front of the cockpit, etc.

No CB
SN691
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SN691 »

Thanks EE
That was where I was thanking of putting it. just wanted to see where others had there radio mounted. I don't thank I will put the CB back in.
Last edited by SN691 on Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob

1979 C-26

Easy Street

~~~_/)~~~
STEVE ROYER

vhf

Post by STEVE ROYER »

I have my vhf mounted in the wooden face plate covering the cubby hole on the starboard side with in reach of the companion way. It kinda takes away from some storage but its out of the way and in a safe location
NYCSAILOR

Post by NYCSAILOR »

mine is eactly wher steves's is, but I am thinkg of putting it and a gps and a few other electronis mounted to a board ona a articulating arm ( think of the brackets that hold LCD tv's and that can move in many direction ) so that the electronics could pivot inot the cockpit throught the companionway and then back into the cabin safely for storage or protection