WHAT is this white stuff coming down?

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

WHAT is this white stuff coming down?

Post by EmergencyExit »

Keep in mind I live a couple hours north of the gulf coast, and was expecting to put the boat back on the trailer today

Banshi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Banshi »

Why that's global warming............. :wink:
ronc98

Post by ronc98 »

Snow in the south makes it a bit more fair. I dont feel so bad spending all that time in mine in single digit temps.

it surely has been a weird winter!
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

I had a four day weekend planned to get the boat back on the trailer, and wrap up all the loose ends like painting the bottom where the cradles touched the hull, hanging the rudder, and the new tiller, also new lifelines, running rigging, was going to test raise the mast, etc so we could move it next weekend so it would be cruisable for our clubs Mardi Gras cruise. Oh, it will melt and the ground will dry up eventually;

Great to hear the neighborhood kids going total berserkers tho, most have never seen snow, and won't till they are adults

The cockpit and rails collected several inches, still there at noon.

I had an idea of a way to fabricate replacement cockpit drain covers, I'll work on that today, will post if it works

Gus

Post by Gus »

We are waiting for the white stuff in here too!! :) Yesterday I went to get some firewood because every time it snows/sleets the power goes out.

Gus
1976 Chrysler 22 Halve Maen - Sail # 595
keysskipper

Post by keysskipper »

white stuff? just pastey faced tourists with wierd looking clothes here, eighty three today, east winds 15-20 manana time to go sailing. Had enough yet RC? we have a slip waiting for you in paradise. 8) KS
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

KS, got the snowbirds and the q-tips down island, you say ?

There's still snow in the cockpit of my boat tonight- the only white I wanna see from here out is sugar sand.

Forecast for 28 tonight here, and I'm supposed to crew for a friend on a club race tomorrow !
keysskipper

Post by keysskipper »

chilly and blustery today, woke up to 70 and overcast 10-15 knots, down to 63 tonite but she's blowin' hard and feels much colder, those
"Q-tips" sitting at the tiki bar in shorts and t shirts, locals be home watching football, no sailing today. most older houses here have no heat.
stay warm sailormon. :cry: KS
ronc98

Post by ronc98 »

Yes KS I have had enough. Nothing like rewiring your boat when you can not feel your fingers or toes. The good news is that even though it was 8 degrees outside I was a toasty 18 degrees inside.

I can not wait until it gets warmer! I think with this cold spell the local lakes will actually freeze over.
Banshi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Banshi »

"Forecast for 28 tonight here, and I'm supposed to crew for a friend on a club race tomorrow !"

Ah man I always loved racing in the freezing rain.....................it seperates the boys from the men :).Hmmm I was only 18 at the time.............
:wink:
ronc98

Post by ronc98 »

The first time I took mine out I slept in it over night and froze. When I woke up the next morning I went to the bow to pull anchor and almost slid off the bow from all the frost. It would have been a shame the my first weekend on my boat was almost my last. The water was still in the 40's I would have lasted long in that water.

I am a bit more careful now.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Actually the club race wasn't so bad - it was sunny and 47, winds only about 10, so it was warm enough.

And hot chicken/sausage gumbo, fresh Mardi Gras king cake, and strong coffee afterward made us all warm !