What Heat Wave ?

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

What Heat Wave ?

Post by EmergencyExit »

How's the weather by you guys ?
Beau

Banshi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Banshi »

It has stayed under the hundred degree mark here in my home away from home, Miami. August is always a hot month, I remember suffering through many a two a days in my youth leading up to the start of football season. A month ago we said "will it ever stop raining"...........now we are wondering if it will ever rain. :wink: Anything over 75 starts to make me uncomfortable and sweat like a pig, so whether it is 85 or 105 I really can't tell the difference...just give me some breeze so I can suffer through it.
NoRush

Post by NoRush »

One word...Arizona

It's hot, but sailing around Christmas makes up for it!! :D

Jason
S/V Astraeus
Banshi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Banshi »

My father in law lived in Arizona and he says 115 in Arizona is more bareable than 100 in Florida....it's the humidity.......it reduces the evaporation of sweat off the body (air is already saturated with water) which reduces your bodies ability to cool itself down. So instead of evaporating into the air and cooling me down I just end up standing in several quarts of my own sweat with wet clothes that now attract every loose bit of debris and dirt within two miles. :lol:
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Banshi, I don't know what you mean ! This morning at 4:45 it is 81, and the humidity is only 65% in Baton Rouge where I'm headed ! <G>
Banshi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Banshi »

It's 81 and 83% humidity at 5:50 AM here in Miami.................thankfully it looks like the humidity may reach 100% in few hours.............bad for my concrete pour (not too bad because it is not floor slab work) but good for my disposition :lol:
Leeway

Post by Leeway »

Lee Hoeppner
Boat: C-15 Man-o-War
Name: Sea'chele
Year: Pre-1973