OK, Check this out...

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Bhacurly
Site Admin
Site Admin

OK, Check this out...

Post by Bhacurly »

I give up tryin to get the picts to work here, what can I say...

I put together a flickr slide show of my boat from the start in Oct '05 to it's current shape...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bhacurly/s ... 7069/show/

Hope it works and you enjoy it!

Billy
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Great slide show, Billy - and man what a fine result you guys came out with !

As far as trouble posting pics, as much as I enjoy everyone sharing (and I do because that is what makes the board the success it is !) I actually prefer a link to them in the post.
Banshi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Banshi »

Whoo nelly I see a lot of that work ahead on mine. Looks great too. How fitting too, to have one Chrysler product pulling another. A spare tire is tops on my list as well. I am considering adding an axle too mine to make a blow outs less dangerous and to distribute the load out some.Is that trailer an original?
Archy

Post by Archy »

Wow - great job! If I buy beer, will you come over and spruce mine up over the winter ???

:)

Thanks for sharing the pics.
C22 Smiley :)
Bhacurly
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bhacurly »

Banshi wrote:Is that trailer an original?
From what I can see on others picts I believe it is...

Sorry Archy,, quit drinkin 5 yrs ago :lol:

Billy
Gus

Post by Gus »

Great job! Your boat looks really nice!
1976 Chrysler 22 Halve Maen - Sail # 595
Leeway

Post by Leeway »

Great job, Bill!

Sorry to see that nice paint job damaged when the tire blew. Isn't that Murphy's Law for you?

What is the color combo? From the pictures the new white looks light beige or off-white.
Lee Hoeppner
Boat: C-15 Man-o-War
Name: Sea'chele
Year: Pre-1973
slane1124

Post by slane1124 »

I can only hope the Sea-Shell-E one day looks half as nice!! Great job!
Robbie
'76 Chrysler 22
"Sea-Shell-E"
sail # 879
www.ndipolygraphservices.com
Bhacurly
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bhacurly »

Thanks for the compliments, nice to hear...

The off white and beige color is the original color on the top deck, it cleaned up pretty well with elbow grease and a slew of cleaners. I'll be redoing more of the top deck and interior stuff this winter. After the blister and gouge work on the hull I just couldn't get a match with the new gelcoat and ended up with "Mocha Brown." Unfortunately it does show up every time I bang a dock and take a piece off...

Mostly tho I'm really happy that after 6 weeks in the slip the bilge is still bone dry :D

I'll be putting up some more picts soon of us playing on the water...

Thanks agin'
Billy
mga1951

Post by mga1951 »

Billy
Great pics. Like your idea of the nav station. Hope you don't mind if I use some of that in mine!
Do you sail on Lake Coeur d' Alene?
My brother lives their, beautiful lake to be sailing on.
Jeffrey
Fore Sail
1976 C-22
Gus

Post by Gus »

Billy: I was watching your pictures closely. You have the same problem I have (had) in my C-22. Our boats are transom heavy. I though I was the only one, but I was looking at the waterline in yours. Same as mine.

Do you still have the galley aboard? I had mine on, and too my boat was listing to the starboard side. With the galley out, the boat sits right (and plenty of more storage)

Your boat looks great!
1976 Chrysler 22 Halve Maen - Sail # 595
slane1124

Post by slane1124 »

Billy, can you send more info on the spreaders and mounts? Mine have obviously seen their better days (LONG AGO), and I love what yours look like.
Thanks in advance,
Robbie
'76 Chrysler 22
"Sea-Shell-E"
sail # 879
ronc98

Post by ronc98 »

My C-26 has the same listing problem. Everything in my boat is mounted to the same side. The Galley, freshwater tank, batteries are all on the same side. When I start to rebuild the inside this winter I am going to spread out the weight a little better.

How well does the paint hold up? Does it tend to chip when you dock?
Bhacurly
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bhacurly »

Sorry so slow getting back at you all...

mga1951,

I've sailed lake CDA a bunch and my first 2 sails in the C-22 were there. It is a pretty lake, but decided to slip the boat at a larger lake 30 miles North of CDA, Lake Pend O'rielle.... go visit your brother and let me know when your coming!
I ended up getting a cigarette lighter plug in and wired it to the panel as an accessory,,, from Radio Shack for $10. I use it more than I thought I would when I bought the fuse panel at West Marine. It charges my c-phone, Ipod, and handheld GPS on longer trips when I don't get home.

Gus,

My motor is a '78 Merc 7.5 and is quite heavy, and not much weight up front in the picts yet. With the Porta-Potty , some X-tra water, and a cooler it levels out fine. I did remove the Galley and we haven't missed having it there yet, it does cause some listing to starboard...

slane1124,

The spreaders, part # DH 2503, ya need 2, and brackets, #DH 2333-P, and DH 2333-S (the P and S are for Port and Starboard) are from Dyer Aluminum Mast Co. here:

http://www.dwyermast.com/items.asp?cat1 ... Airfoil%29

They were quick and easy to deal with. I used the old spreaders for the length and decided to get the airfoil instead of round, and the larger bracket due to the old holes I wanted to get away from...

ronc989,

I have my battery in the port cubby by the keel winch cable, aft as far it goes. Then I didn't have to wire to far to the radio and fuse panel. Again I didn't paint, after so many blister repairs I gelcoated the bottom and yes I have a "few" dock scars.. but I'm getting better as I got used to how the boat handles!

Billy
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

Wow Bhacurly !
Nice work ! I think if I have any question of how to repair something on my boat , you are the guy to hask !
slane1124

Post by slane1124 »

Well, I ordered the parts from Dwyer. Just got them!! Good quality stuff. Got just what you suggested. Have to ask, just to confirm. The brackets have quite an angle on them. More so that the ones on the mast now. I assume they are supposed to angle up?!
Thanks,
Robbie
'76 Chrysler 22
"Sea-Shell-E"
sail # 879
Bhacurly
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bhacurly »

HeY Robbie,

Yes they "point" up, and slighty back. I marked them before drilling the mast to be sure, just in case the pattern set up differently.

: )
slane1124

Post by slane1124 »

Ok, I remember you telling me one bracket was S and the other P, but mine are exactly the same, and they don't sweep back at all - straight out. Even on the invoice, it shows two of the same bracket. I'm going to call them to check.
Robbie
'76 Chrysler 22
"Sea-Shell-E"
sail # 879
slane1124

Post by slane1124 »

I called Dwyer, and they said, as long as they are the same, rake or not, it shouldn't be a problem. Shows how much I don't know!!
Robbie
'76 Chrysler 22
"Sea-Shell-E"
sail # 879
slane1124

Post by slane1124 »

Billy, how did you mount the brackets? Someone suggested self tapping screws, but not sure about the soft aluminum?
Thanks
Robbie
'76 Chrysler 22
"Sea-Shell-E"
sail # 879
Bhacurly
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bhacurly »

Hey Robbie,

I marked them all , drilled one out, then used a hex head metal screw so I could get a socket on it and and snugged it up good. Then checked the marks on the rest and drilled the next etc. Just good and snug, don't want to strip them. But, If ya do that, just redrill a size larger an have another go.

Some would say to use SS and place some "stuff" on the screw to minimize corrosion also....

Have fun!
Billy