Of harbors and launches and mortality

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Of harbors and launches and mortality

Post by EmergencyExit »

Well all, I've been missing from the board some...

so I launched the CP23 at the end of February with big plans for March sailing from Long Beach Harbor. The redhead retired effective one certain day last November and went to work the next on the coast at a second career using that Phd she finally got.

We now have a house down here too, buying was cheaper than renting in tourist land, so weekends here for me, old house north of Baton Rouge during the work week. Near the beach, 4 miles from the harbor ! Perfect right ?

Until where I banged my knee on a joist crawling around the attic. It was sore when I launched that day, i ignored it, went to work Monday, and it got worse all week. Classic prepatellar bursa injury said my doctor, have a shot and some pills.

A week later, March 8th I'm in the ER with a swollen leg, white counts off the chart, about to faint when I walk,and an ortho doc with sharp blade in hand waiting for me.

So after 2 knee procedures, 10 days/every four hours of enough IV antibiotics to float Noah's boat, and a every kind of exam you can think of (except an IQ test, that's the only one I didn't have) EE went home to the coast to rehab the 8 inch long cut down the knee area, propping up and enjoying more antibiotic pills, and finally today I hear, pending a good visit Monday, I go back to work at my desk job next Tuesday.

I always wanted a month off at the beach, but I wanted to be on the beach feeling good not on the couch feeling pain !

Sailing will wait another few weeks as will hot tubs, and the swimming pool down here.

Did get to walk the dock a couple times last week and prop up in the Vberth napping

No real idea why the knee went septic as there was no wound when I banged it, but i sure ticked it off somehow !

So apparently I've become mortal, a great surprise to me at 62..and that long knee scar ? Well..."Shark attack swab..."
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Big hug buddy!

Glad you are doing better! Go give that redhead a hug! I'm sure somewhere on this path you may have said or done something in frustration!

She's there for ya now go hug her!

Scott
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

Sometime there is no rhyme or reason for why those things happen...good luck and get well.
Bill