Fun run

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Papax3

Fun run

Post by Papax3 »

Hey!

Single-handed my C22... A little too much sail up for the weather on Lake Quachita/ Arkansas... I'm still making rookie mistakes, and unfortunately opened up my palm on ?something? When I was trying to deal with both the sails and my nerves at the same time. Out fast, then dropped the jib, and still ran well with just the main. Dropped the keel, sucked it up, and ripped back to the Marina... Did well upwind.

Not on this trip, but the last one, I felt like a Magician: I was checking all the stays/ tuning the boat since it's only been slipped a short while, and the back stay seemed overly loose. I grabbed the stay at the top of the "Y" split, and was prepping to tighten it, when presto-magic-O, the cotter ring completely vanished as I removed my hand. Only thing holding the back stay together, was very nearly me. My son dropped the sails -ahem- at my request, and it took both of us to not lose the pin, and replace the cotter ring.

Note to other sailors: make an inspection trip around your boat (preferably before sailing away from the dock). {someday the "rookie" will wear off}.

My C22 is a better boat, than I am a sailor... Really safe, and really fun.

Bill :lol:
We're just about finished with refurbishing our Chrysler 22, she's slipped, and ready for fun!

Lake Quachita, HotSprings Arkansas
Bill Williams