A Harty Thank You to all !

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Papax3

A Harty Thank You to all !

Post by Papax3 »

To all,

I post now, to thank all of those on this forum who enjoy sailing Chryslers,
and to those stalwart members that have kept this site up and running (Cap'n Scott - you-da-man!).

Though the road was long, and had some long and hard detours, we have finally gotten our Chrysler 22 finished (???), and slipped in Lake Quachita.
We have sailed her the last 2 weekends, and "Dragonfly", as my kids have named her, is certainly an intrepid sailor. We locked in tight on a heel when the wind blew, stared hard at the water creeping towards the rail, and realized we'd always be completely safe. .... and THEN we let the swing keel down :shock: For any new members curious about "what their Chrysler 22 will do", you have picked well, my friend.

THIS SITE was responsible for aiding, by way of pictures, our own challenge of replacing the keel-pin, and remanufacturing our own keel-pin brackets. THIS SITE by way of posts, and helpful comments, helped move us forward in answering hard questions, like "why is my boat listing to starboard?" Answer: we've removed the ancient foam that was once for floatation if the boat was {ever?} capsized, and now we have new cargo holds where that wet toxic {tough} foam once lived. My original thoughts were "am I destroying my boat?" Good support from all.

For all that support, I will do what I can to offer pictures as they become available, and if you are a new Chrysler 22 owner, and your project is just getting underway, I hope - when the pictures are posted - that they will spur you on valiantly !

Dragonfly Overhaul:
Remanufactured Keel-Brackets, and installed new Stainless Keel-pin.
Removal of Starboard seating foam (and smell)/ creation of cargo holds.
New electrical system: (3) cradled Marine batteries/ removable trolling motor/ permanent self-recharging solar panel, and switchbox to toggle from one to the other. Additional navigation lights will be finished up shortly, switch panel and buss bar already installed.
New "Sunbrella" cushions throughout. New formica on the table and bulkheads. New running rigging, new sails, specific to the boat. Clear coated the hull, adding custom registration numbers, and name on the transom. Oh... and a wind indicator on the pinnacle.

We need a couple of flags: Pirate, American, and maybe a Family flag too.

Good luck to all,
And again, thank you very much for keeping this site alive.
Bill Williams and Family
We're just about finished with refurbishing our Chrysler 22, she's slipped, and ready for fun!

Lake Quachita, HotSprings Arkansas
Bill Williams
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Congratulations on getting her done!
I certainly look forward to seeing photos of Dragon Fly under sail!

I agree with you!
This forum is a wonderful source for information and new friends!

Scott
Careyr

Post by Careyr »

You must surely feel a great deal of satisfaction!! Your list is alot like mine, so it was super to read how you have stuck it out and are sailing! I am within a week or two making mine ship shape for sailing - after 4 years in the back yard on the hard! Your post pumped me to hustle up on this last leg of my personal marathon! Hope you love your boat!!
Carey
1981 TMI 22: "Ms.Chief"