It Followed Me Home..

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

It Followed Me Home..

Post by EmergencyExit »

Well after demo-ing all the bad wood from inside EE, and finding lots of water ( at area behind keel trunk) inside after every big rain, I found some serious toerail/hull joint issues that are going to take time to address. Also some keel trunk/winch stand damage.

Not wanting to be without a boat this year, I ran across this at a can't pass up price..1986 ComPac 23/2...needs a good bath and we should be ready to go..which also explains why I was mentioning the ComPac slide gallleys in another post..
8)
Thats EE's old trailer in the pic taken as we bunked up for travel home

astrorad

Post by astrorad »

very nice...I looked into getting a Compac before I found my C22
Bill
MaverickSailing

Post by MaverickSailing »

I have thought about keeping my Hobie 16 for that same reason, but I need the money from it to pay for materials for Maverick.
Maverick Sailing
Chrysler C26
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Bill, I looked around for a C22 as well but none anywhere closer than Dallas at the time.

Maverick, that's also part of the plan here, clean this one up and sail this year or until EE is done, then use the sale proceeds to buy the motor for EE; Looking at the price for a new 9.9 4 stroke 25" shaft high thrust electric start with remotes was a shocker ! :shock:
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Woohoo!
Now that is one fine looking boat! I love the "modern" look of my C22 but the salty look of that ComPac is very nice indeed!

I look forward to seeing her as you get her cleaned up and some shots undersail!

Hello, I'm Scott, and I approve! LOL!
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

CaptainScott wrote:
Hello, I'm Scott, and I approve! LOL!
Yeah, well I'm no longer in the 12 step program, it is now the 20 step program..

(For those that don't know, the 12 step program is the redhead telling me that if I go within 12 steps of another boat she will beat me with a tiller..)
MaverickSailing

Post by MaverickSailing »

EE, I'm very glad that my dad still has the outboard for Maverick, I just have go pick it up from the airport where he has it stored.
Maverick Sailing
Chrysler C26
Bhacurly
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bhacurly »

Congrats!

But you gotta know the temptation to sail will nag you and slow progress on EE! 😆

That's why my project boat is still a project... but hey... it's all good! After 6 yrs may it may splash by the end of summer and be done the way we want without missing any needed time on the water too!

Billy
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Bhacurly wrote:Congrats!

But you gotta know the temptation to sail will nag you and slow progress on EE! 😆

Billy
True ! Hopefully keeping it 2 hours away on the coast while EE is only a few steps away will prevent that somewhat !

So far I can tell all that there is one thing the two boats have in common; plywood sole issues. The teak and holly sole is only a veneered plywood, and like the C26 it has a bilge pocket behind it. Fill that up and you'll wet the sole on both.
hp18carr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Something in the water

Post by hp18carr »

It must be something in the water... I have sailboat number three in the back yard now! It's my wife's doing... really. She told me before i could get her out on one of the bigger sailboats she would need to see if I could cut the muster to her satisfaction in a smaller one... go figure. I really got this last one for the trailer to carry our 17' canoe, but this little 16' American sailboat came with it. Does anyone know anything about this sailboat pro or con?

Terrence
Wilmington N.C.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Sweet boat !