C22 BLEW BY YOU

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
fahy schleusner

C22 BLEW BY YOU

Post by fahy schleusner »

Hello, I have recently purchased the 1976 C22 BLEW BY YOU and I am very excited to get her outfitted and begin sailing her.
the boat is in fairly good condition but I plan on inspecting the keel pivot and the ruddder assembly and rigging. there are some cosmetic repairs to be done topsides but the hull is sound and the interior is beautiful.
I am new to the sailing sport but have done a lot of reading and studying on sailing and plan on taking the ASA basic keelboat course as soon as the ice is off the lakes.
I have been following the Chrysler sailors group for some time and decided to let you know the status of BLEW BY YOU, and am happy to see her continue sailing.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Hi ! And Welcome aboard ! Looking forward to hearing from you as you sort things out too
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

Welcome aboard. I have numerous videos showing how I made my repairs on my 1976 C22. Some are linked in the Documents page here and all are available on YouTube at my channel... astrorad2000 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv6aCu ... 5KnrMWUX_Q
Bill
fahy schleusner

thanks bill

the videos of the c22 repair are very good, I will need to do similar fixes to BLEW BY YOU, I especially liked the reinforcement plates under the backstays and pushpit stanchons.
one of my biggest fears is a failure of part of rigging.
I also have some nonstructural failure of the fiberglass housing above the deck where the mast is stepped , I will have to do some investigation there.
Fahy
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Welcome aboard! Glad to have you here!
Lurking is a great sport but once you start asking questions and getting to know great folks it opens a whole new realm of fun!

Again, WELCOME!

Scott
mcrandall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mcrandall »

Welcome! Where are you located? If you are near a marina that specializes in sailboats, take it in and have a rigging inspection. Typically reasonable in cost and well worth the peace of mind!
Mark
http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... ew%20C-22/
1975 C-22 currently named Stardust (soon to be "Angela Marie")
fahy schleusner

Hello Mark
I am located in SE Minnesota. One of my first stops will be in SW Missouri on Stockton Lake where I plan on taking a basic keelboat course.
There is a picture of BLEW BY YOU the Chrysler Sailors Association owners tab, I will try to post a new one as soon as she is ready for the water.

Fahy
Guster

Post by Guster »

Fahy,

Where in SE Minnesota are you? I'm in Winona.

Dan
70's Barnett Butterfly "Blue Jean"
1976 C-22
Bhacurly
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bhacurly »

Welcome from us too!

Hope to see picts!

Billy
MaverickSailing

Post by MaverickSailing »

Howdy from the Treasure Coast of Florida!

If you have some cracking around the mast step, you may want to check the compression post, on the C26 it is a poorly made wood post prone to rot.

Adam
Maverick Sailing
Chrysler C26
fahy schleusner

I am located in Wykoff, we are one of the few counties in Minnesota that does not have a lake, that is the reason for choosing the Chrysler 22 for easy trailering and launching. I am very pleased to see lots of Chrysler owners so close by.
I just returned from Stockton lake Missouri, I can hardly wait to go back there and get on the water.
You don't have to be crazy to live here, but it helps!!
Fahy
Guster

Post by Guster »

I have a friend over in Fountain that bought a seaplane. He took a lot of crap over the no lake thing. lol..

If you plan to do any sailing in the area, Lake Pepin and Lake Onalaska would probably be the closest. Pepin is a great sailing lake, Onalaska is OK. I have never sailed my 22 on Onalaska but that is usually where I take my mutineer. It's fairly shallow with a submerged stump here or there. But the LaCrosse sailing club races "cruisers" (keel boats up to 25') there in the summer.

Hopefully we will meet on the water!

Dan
70's Barnett Butterfly "Blue Jean"
1976 C-22