C-20 or C-22 bimini

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
cjreardon

C-20 or C-22 bimini

Post by cjreardon »

I was looking at the brochures and I saw an option for a C-20 bimini cover that was offered by Chrysler. Does anyone know of any pictures of how a bimini would fit a C-20 or a C-22. I would like to have one to have a little shade but when I get to the problem of the location and movement of the mainsheet while tacking my head starts to hurt.
OutnBacker

Post by OutnBacker »

Me too. Mine came with one - I think. It's some kind of sun shade for sure, but I can't visualize how it rigs up. Is yours goldish-yellow?

John
Current: '75 Montgomery 17 #65
Current: '78 Chrysler 20
Past: '78 Chrysler 22
'98 Bauer 12 - gaff rig
'78 Orion Malibu 18
Forever: '83 Grumman 17, gunter rigged with jib and trimaran outriggers.
cjreardon

Post by cjreardon »

My bucket didn't have that bimini cover option, my C-20 is a plain Jane white with a gold stripe. no port lights, no lifeline. just a pulpit on the bow and that little aluminum rail on the stern to hold the mast. I would like to try my hand at making a bimini, but it is a challenge to make something work. I am trying to visualize the framing for the cover, and a way to have the stern shaded. Every time I try to come up with something it just gets complicated, involving sliding sections to accommodate the mainsheet, and I have to think there is a simple way to do it that I haven't thought of. I was wondering how other people may have done it. Sometimes it is hard to see the obvious.
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Hey John, they yellow thing is a boom tent on your C20. I believe it basically rests on your boom as a shade for the cockpit and is not used while sailing. Only when sails are down. Great for at the dock or anchor!

Enjoy!
Scott
OutnBacker

Post by OutnBacker »

CaptainScott wrote:Hey John, they yellow thing is a boom tent on your C20. I believe it basically rests on your boom as a shade for the cockpit and is not used while sailing. Only when sails are down. Great for at the dock or anchor!

Enjoy!
Scott
So you've seen it, then. I haven't tried to rig it yet, but I'mthinking the rod goes across the aft end of the boom?? Bungees everywhere else, I guess. Precious few pics of C-20's out there, but I intend to change that.

Since I'm essentially beached til I get the trailer done, I might raise the mast and see what I can do to set it up. However, tomorrow is supposed to be so hot that I might just find a large boulder and burrow under it.
'98 Bauer 12 - gaff rig
'78 Orion Malibu 18
Capt. Bondo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Capt. Bondo »

I've created this budget awning with a blue tarp, PVC pipe and some cord.
I think it cost about $5
H:)ppy Place
78 Chrysler 22

You can go to a Zen Master or you can go Sailing, either way you end up in about the same place..... a Happy Place
OutnBacker

Post by OutnBacker »

Capt. Bondo wrote:I've created this budget awning with a blue tarp, PVC pipe and some cord.
I think it cost about $5
Yup. Works for me. I have a similar setup for my sailing Grumman tricanoe that I built.
'98 Bauer 12 - gaff rig
'78 Orion Malibu 18