Bitter/Sweet Good-bye...

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
OutnBacker

Bitter/Sweet Good-bye...

Post by OutnBacker »

Yesterday I sold my C-22. Worse yet, it happened right in front of Capt. Scott, who just happened to be driving around down at the boat launch. But, it gets even worse: The Montgomery 17 I was after sold at the same time. Talk about stars and planets and tides working against you...

Still, the gentleman that bought the boat is a local guy who will need crew from time to time and I've offered to stay in touch til he is proficient at stepping the mast, etc.

So, for now, I'm boatless except for my trusty canoe-maran.

Anyone in the Puget Sound area have a C-20 for sale? I have cash that's burning my hands.

John
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

John...I guess that you have proven the old saying wrong...that is "The two happiest days of my life were the day I bought my boat and the day I sold it". I guess that it doesn't hold for Chrysler sailboats. Good Luck to you.
Bill
OutnBacker

Post by OutnBacker »

Yes, that saying truly does not apply to me. I have never sold a boat because I was sick of it. Only to get another. I missed The One (Monty-17), but I'm now hunting for a Chrysler 20, which is every bit as good as the 22, but easier to tow with my Ford 4cyl Ranger. The trusty Jeep is going away, too, so no powerful in-line 6cyl torque with 4WD anymore. Consolidating here.

John
Chrysler20%26

Post by Chrysler20%26 »

Just a note on C-20 weight 2500 pounds, uses same trailer as c-22. My Mac. 25 weights 2500 pounds, an has a munch shorter trailer to store
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

OutnBacker wrote:Yes, that saying truly does not apply to me. I have never sold a boat because I was sick of it. Only to get another. I missed The One (Monty-17), but I'm now hunting for a Chrysler 20, which is every bit as good as the 22, but easier to tow with my Ford 4cyl Ranger. The trusty Jeep is going away, too, so no powerful in-line 6cyl torque with 4WD anymore. Consolidating here.

John
The C20 that Scott sold a while back was on Craigslist up there recently, and I went looking for it for you, but looks like you (or someone) has an ad looking for it too...
OutnBacker

Post by OutnBacker »

EE ~ If you mean the one up on Camono Island - clean little thing - then yes. And the WANTED ad is mine.

Chrysler20%26 ~ That's heavy. I thought they were between 2100 and 2200lbs.

Too bad for my Ranger, I guess...
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Hey John,
Congrats on selling the C22! As you said, bitter sweet.

If you have any interest in the C20 on Camano I'm happy to introduce you to Ryan if you want. He is a good guy. I worked with him for years!

C20's are much more rare in this neck of the woods than the C22!
Scott
OutnBacker

Post by OutnBacker »

I can't win! I bought a Bauer 12 with the money and when I got it home, the C-20 was back on C-List. It dissapeared a few days prior. It's a cruel world. But, I think the little Bauer will be a great camping boat for what I do on the bigger lakes in the state. Definitely a Rolls~Royce in quality. Built like a brick house and very well outfitted for sailing.

If I get it on the water soon and don't like it, I'll put it up for sale and maybe the C-20 will be mine after all...

EDIT: The C-20 may in fact be too heavy for my 4cyl Ranger, as has been pointed out. But, I've back-slid before and I can do it again...