Great sailing Saturday!

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Great sailing Saturday!

Post by CaptainScott »

Saturday morning at 9:00 am Sharp our neighbors arrived at our house as we were all going sailing! By 10:30 we were on Destiny, she was fueled up, and we were motoring down the river toward Possession Sound! A perfect 18kt wind had us broad reaching for an hour and a half towards Langley! Sweet breeze! You see Saturday was 70% chance of rain we all expected a day of motoring. About a half mile out of our destination the black clouds were rapidly gaining on us and a gentle mist began to fall. We furled the sails and decided to motor the last little bit. At the marina a new dock had been installed so we took a space on the new dock. Unexpected currents made docking a bit dicey but we made it just fine. After securing Destiny and insuring our dog we'd come back, we were up to the pizza joint! Great pizza, great service and lots of laughs and we were on our way back to Destiny. It was walking back to Destiny when we realized . . . .still no rain!! So we used the nets to catch little fish at the dock, fooled around, and just enjoyed the time. Eventually we needed to go as we were hoping to make a car show later Saturday evening. We boarded Destiny and very uneventfully left the dock and headed home. We could see Everett miles away and it was DUMPING rain! NO worries we were almost 2 hours away! As we closed on Everett we could see the dark clouds moving North of us! YEAH! Still no rain! Plenty of time to make the show! NICE DAY! So we cleaned up Destiny and secured her stuff, ensured she was tied properly and patted her good by kind of like leaving a good friend for a few days. We all piled unto my neighbors car and headed home. They dropped us off at our house and we split the left over pizza! They left to their house about 6 houses down the street. Literally before they got home the sky opened up into a downpour! As soon as they got home, Doug called me, laughing he said thanks for a great day but no car show tonight! LOL! It has been raining since!

I sit here staring at my pour wet truck out in the rain! Sure glad I work inside!

Scott

PS: Langley is where just over a year ago we had 62kt gusts we got laid over, rounded up and blew out our jib! 22Kts was the highest I saw Saturday however Diane kept a very watchful weather eye for me! What a gal!
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Sweet day !!
Chrysler20%26

Post by Chrysler20%26 »

Nice read, now time to get my boat in an do some sailing.
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

Thanx for sharing Scott
Bill