Winter project, traveler upgrade

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Capt. Bondo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Winter project, traveler upgrade

Post by Capt. Bondo »

H:)ppy Place
78 Chrysler 22

You can go to a Zen Master or you can go Sailing, either way you end up in about the same place..... a Happy Place
N41EF

Post by N41EF »

For something similar in the airplane world we would use a piece of T6 aluminum as a backing plate or an imbedded mounting block. T6 is hard enough and unless you daily immerse it in seawater it will last longer than the boat. You could powder coat or anadize it, or even just paint it before you insatll it if you think the seawater could happen.
1979 C22 S/V Client Meeting
double "D"

Post by double "D" »

White Water to Waves
1974 22' Sandpiper Frayed Knot
1995 20'Bayliner
14' River Raft
14' Canoe
Capt. Bondo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Capt. Bondo »

Thanks for the offer Dan. I may take you up on that. 1/4" was heaver that what I thought would be needed, but 1/4" would allow me to tap for the screws and I would not need nuts.
I would be interested is seeing a picture of your "center set-up", but I understand if Frayed Knot is not accessible this time of year.
With all the lines in the middle, do you have any confusion/tangling issues with the traveler lines and the main sheet?
H:)ppy Place
78 Chrysler 22

You can go to a Zen Master or you can go Sailing, either way you end up in about the same place..... a Happy Place