New Sailor

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Relief_by_Rachel

New Sailor

Post by Relief_by_Rachel »

I was fortunate to acquire a boat through a friend of a friend whose relative had abandoned a boat in their backyard. It had been under oak trees for a decade, uncovered, and the hatch boards not attached. It was filled with mud dauber nests, LOTS of water, bird nests, furballs of various animals which had nested in the boat, lots of great potting soil which had developed from the leaves, dirt, and debris, and moss and lichens growing on the deck.

Much elbow grease has been applied. I have watched many youtube vids and got the mast up and figured out where the tangle of cables and ropes all go (mostly).

The super cool thing was that the sails were stored in the front bow hatch and aside from a small bit of corrosion on the metal parts, and mud dauber nests attached to the sails where the wasps could get to them, the sails are in good condition! YAY!

The interior still needs a few more hatch covers (they were not present), and cushions. I am learning as much as I can about sailing, and me and kids are practicing in "dry dock" with sail hoisting and rigging.

EDITED TO CHANGE LINK TO PHOTOS: (and again, trying): https://plus.google.com/photos/10931484 ... ps_E2taKcw

At any rate, I wanted to stop and say "hi" while I continue the process of getting the boat water worthy and hope to have it in nearby Lake Whitney when the water comes back up.

Nice to be here :-)
Rachel

My user name is because it's my biz name, I'm a Massage Therapist, so think back/neck pain Relief! ;)
Last edited by Relief_by_Rachel on Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Hi ! And welcome aboard !
Chrysler20%26

Post by Chrysler20%26 »

"Relief" welcome looks like a love story in works. Facebook page did not work, so I do not know what you have. Any one wonting to save a sailboat will find help in this Forum.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

True - FB won't even allow direct posts to pics with privacy pages..

Hey, just noticed your location - in my former career I made heavy use of those little green remote broadcast transmitters made by George Marti Company out there !
Relief_by_Rachel

Let's try another method for photo sharing: https://plus.google.com/photos/10931484 ... ps_E2taKcw

I think I made it public
Last edited by Relief_by_Rachel on Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Welcome aboard Rachel!

Tells us about the boat itself! What did ya get? Sadly I could not open facebook and can not open your google link either.

Congrats on the new toy and feel free to fire away questions here! Losts of good folks with good knowledge willing to help out!

Scott
Relief_by_Rachel

It's a C22, not sure what year, how do you find the year?

I think this time this will work:

https://plus.google.com/photos/10931484 ... ps_E2taKcw
Chrysler20%26

Post by Chrysler20%26 »

Thank you for fixing the link, great photos. Great looking C-22, nice sailes
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Relief_by_Rachel wrote: how do you find the year?
Nice pics ! Check the starboard side of the transom up near the top. There's a code that starts with "CBC" there, and the year and month are at the end, i.e. "77M" or "76C"..
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Awe man! I have to wait until I get home to see them. We're pretty locked down here at work!

Congrats on your C22! EE already where the boats HIN number is! You'll have plenty of help with that boat! Lots of them still around!

If you have not already found the documents, we have just about every doc made on the C22 online for you to access. They include rigging the boat also!

they are here on our main page:

http://chryslersailors.com/

Scott
Andiron120
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Andiron120 »

Welcome Aboard!

I also sail Whitney, look forward to seeing you on the water. I will be happy to lend any assistance I can with getting you out and sailing. Good looking find you have there it wont take long for you to fall in love with her once you get her in the water, the 22s really do handle that well.
"I feel no need to go anywhere the ice gets larger than will fit in my glass"
OutnBacker

Post by OutnBacker »

Welcome aboard Rachel,
I'm new here as well, but I've found alot of help among this crew. I'm also in the process of sorting out a C-22. Don't hesitate to post questions and pics.

John