Last weekend of the season.

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
sauerleigh

Last weekend of the season.

Post by sauerleigh »

I had a great sailing season although I was out about 10% less than last year. I am retiring next May and I doubt the Maude Kay will finished next year but I at least plan to launch her.Image
video http://www.flickr.com/photos/93952888@N ... hotostream
1978 Chrysler 26 "Maudie Kay"
1984 Catalina 25 "REDUX" (rebuild)
It's better late than never
Kevin Dreher

Post by Kevin Dreher »

very nice shot. ....i am also heading out for the last time of the year. tomorrow i will head out for the evening, spend the night in the boat, and sail most of tues.
get n lost
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

That is indeed a cool shot!

I spent 4 hours today helping a couple with their new to them S2 7.3 meter boat! It was a very well cared for boat! 15 kts of breeze and some nice sunshine!

Next weekend I move it from Lake Washington to Edmonds on Puget Sound! I look forward to going through the locks! It has been a while for me!

Scott
Capt. Bondo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Capt. Bondo »

I was bummed, was all set to tow the boat up to Bayfield WI for Applefest the first weekend in October for the "last sail". But the weather report did not look good and the morning of our departure we unhooked the boat and hooked up the camper :cry:
We where soooo looking forward to staying on the boat at Applefest.
Was I a wimp or a prudent sailer?
Once we got up to Bayfield I felt better about being a prudent sailer.
We had gail force winds with gusts to 50kts out of the south. If we would have taken the boat we would have had to deal with 8' to 10' on shore seas after we launched to get to the marina :shock:
I was glad we took the camper, at least I still have my boat for next years Applefest :)
H:)ppy Place
78 Chrysler 22

You can go to a Zen Master or you can go Sailing, either way you end up in about the same place..... a Happy Place