Not a Chrysler, but looks to be a fine delivery

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Windward

Not a Chrysler, but looks to be a fine delivery

Post by Windward »

Hi all,

Been wrapped up with life, the universe (and home, family and work) and everything for a bit, but had a great opportunity come my way and jumped at it. Heading out Thursday early AM for Victoria, BC, to crew on a delivery of a Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 50 DS to San Francisco. This will the furthest, and longest, and westernmost, offshore passage I've ever made, and I'm seriously excited. It means passing up my usual fall coastal excursion with Windward, but sometimes one must just pay the opportunity cost and move on.

Stoked!
Chrysler20%26

Post by Chrysler20%26 »

Hope you have a the best of times. It has been too long cents we heard from you. I just love my Roller-Furling, thank you for the sail.
Dallasbob
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Dallasbob »

You lucky dog you! Have fun . . . I don't have to say that. Of course you're going to have fun! Don't under estimate the cold . . . prepare well. Stay warm!!!
Bob T . . .
1979 Chrysler 26 "Indecision"
Dallas, Texas / I-45 / Galveston Bay
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Hey! That sounds totally awesome!
You'll be very close to me in our neck of the woods!

Take lots of photos! Victoria is beautiful! We go there almost every year and love it! If you go to the Emperess Hotel and see the marina right there infront of the hotel. you'll see where we spend some "city" time on Destiny! If you end up with any free time, give me a shout! Maybe we can get together!

If not, no worries!

Scott
hp18carr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hp18carr »

Have a good sail, and welcome back... hope your universe is well. There is no harm in taking the time to smell the roses along the way. Windward maybe a bit perturned at first, but she will welcome you back on your return. Keep us informed as best you can for we are stocked right along with you, knowing one of our own is on such a sailing adventure. 8)

Terrence
Wilmington N.C.
Chrysler 26' 1980
Pandora (for now)
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Stoked indeed ! Fair Winds along the way !
Bhacurly
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bhacurly »

Jeff that sounds awesome!

Noticed you not sayin anything for a spell, missed your skilled input!

Have a great time enjoyin our neck of the country an you better post a lotta picts when you get back!!!
clair hofmann

Post by clair hofmann »

Glad to hear all is well. I was thinking about calling you since we haven't heard from you in awhile. I was hoping to catch up with you when you came to Pamlico this year but it sounds like you have a great oppurtunity to sail some new places. Have a great time.
Clair
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

All I can say is "WOWIE ZOWIE" !!!!!
Bill
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Not a Chrysler, but looks to be a fine delivery

Post by Alanhod »

Windward wrote:Hi all,

to crew on a delivery of a Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 50 DS to San Francisco.

Stoked!
OH JEALOUSY, is just too soft a word here. Oh man the Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 44 has been on my wish list for years. Where is that quarter million when I really need it. :?

Photo's, you must get p[photo's and stories from the trip.

Thanks
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
J. Austin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J. Austin »

Sounds like a blast.
Don't get too spoiled!

Alan,
I could not agree more that the 44DS is an amazing craft, however, I feel that the better overall boat is a Beneteau. And yes, I know they are of the same designer/stock, but if you can get inside a few Jenneaus and some Benneteau's and compare them, do it.
We are lucky to have the boat show in Chicago near by, so we are spoiled. There is something fun about dreaming in that kinda pricetag, even if we will never have the funds to back it up.
Would love to debate sailboats with you over a beer/coffee, if you find yourself in the MI area again.

Most of the people I chat with, present forumn excluded, Think that the new Jenneau is some kinda new fandled french vacuum!
:D
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." - William Arthur Ward
jerecaustin.com
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

J. Austin wrote:Most of the people I chat with, present forumn excluded, Think that the new Jenneau is some kinda new fandled french vacuum!
:D
Well, it is ! And a single purpose one, designed to suck all the money out of your bank account !! ..8)
Mario G

Post by Mario G »

Hey Jeff Sounds like fun sailing for you. My experiance with a Jeanneau 50 is one I worked on not long ago. I hooked up working for a boat yard in Annapolis for the summer.

You want to learn about different boats? A boat yards the place to do it.
lecker68

Post by lecker68 »

Stoked indeed I would love to have that chance you are a lucky guy Jeff.
Catch the wind and ride the wave, Have fun
Lyle
1980 C-26 #1100
S/V My Getaway
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34432376@N06/