Pirateer Sailing (ballast)

Special area for the smaller Chryslers - Musketeer, Buccaneer, Mutineer, Man O' War, Pirateer, Daggers, etc.
fmerk353

Pirateer Sailing (ballast)

Post by fmerk353 »

I am in the final throws of readying a Pirateer for my first sail. I understand this boat uses water ballast. How do I do this? how much water? how low should the boat sit etc and any further advice on this subject would be appreciated
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Welcome to the forum!
Hopefully one of the Pirateers guys can get you an answer soon!

Love to see some photos of your boat!

Again, Welcome!
Scott
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Welcome ! If you didn't find one yet you can get an original manual at the main page of the site (chryslersailors.com) under Documentation. I had a quick look and it mentions foam flotation, but didn't see anything regarding water ballast..
curtbrackenrich

Water ballast?

Post by curtbrackenrich »

I just bought a Pirateer, like yesterday. IN trying to figure out the rigging, I came across this forum, awesome is the web right? This is the first I've heard of water ballast for the Pirateer, how would you go about doing it?
Curt
Enjoying the lakes of northern Michigan!
Dave at QSC

Post by Dave at QSC »

This is the first I've heard of waterballast too, I got a pirateer late this summer (2012) and am fixing it up. Can anyone recomend a sailmaker for this boat?
curtbrackenrich

You can buy mine, good shape!

Post by curtbrackenrich »

Dave at QSC wrote:This is the first I've heard of waterballast too, I got a pirateer late this summer (2012) and am fixing it up. Can anyone recomend a sailmaker for this boat?
I'm selling my Pirateer, boat, trailer and sails are all in good shape, let me know if you're interested at all.
Curt
Enjoying the lakes of northern Michigan!