LADY JO II FLOATS!

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

LADY JO II FLOATS!

Post by CaptainScott »

YEAH!

Today I played hooky from work. Pleanty of reasons why but really I wanted to float Lady Jo. You see I bought her cheap with lots of rudder damage. I replaced the rudder post, cheek plates, bearings, and even modified the tiller handle.

First time I floated her, she leaked badly at the rudder post. Not unexpected given the obvious visual damage. Still, SAD.

Today I managed to have her in the water for almost two hours and no visibal water ingress! YEAH!

It came with a price though. I spent a LOT of time including hauling her hours away to get the trailer inspected, weighed, and licensed! Quite an ordeal it was but I now have plates on the trailer with tabs and me as registered owner on the trailer! YEAH!

All in all a good day! Lots of frustration with Washington State Department of transpertaion but I win!

LADY JO II FLOATS without a leak! YEAH! I am now ready for a first sail however I now will spend time and $$ on cosmetics! She will sail again, however she must look very good doing it!

Another Chrysler 22 saved! She is a keeper and I see no need to upgrade her again. Yes, she needs more love and $$ but she is coming along nicely!

Scott

PS: Pictures coming soon! . . . . . . . . .
Christian

Post by Christian »

Haha! Congrats, Scott! Floating is a major first step! And those license plates are no small feat either!
Maybe someday...
Chrysler20%26

Post by Chrysler20%26 »

Another Chrysler 22 Saved, way to go Scott. I hate to see a Chrysler sailboat go to scrap. With all the info on this forum, thy should all be saved.
Bhacurly
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bhacurly »

Yahoo!

Always a relief eh :wink:

Look forward to picts!
lecker68

Post by lecker68 »

Way to go Scott it is a good day when no water on the inside.
Catch the wind and ride the wave, Have fun
Lyle
1980 C-26 #1100
S/V My Getaway
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34432376@N06/
DiverDarren

Post by DiverDarren »

Congradulations on the restore! This will be your first of many adventures aboard her.
Darren
1984 Siren 17
"The Ocean weeds out, from all the races of mankind that come upon it to make a living, a certain type of person. This type of person stays with the ocean, and the rest are cast back ashore to deal with the land people."