deck core

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Greg48

deck core

Post by Greg48 »

Can anybody tell me what chrysler cored the decks of the 1978 c26 with. Also has anyone taken off the rub rail that can give me pointers on not damaging the black vinyl strip or if new vinyl can be had. Tried to find this info in the archives without luck. Thanks for any help. Greg
sauerleigh

Post by sauerleigh »

The side decks have a plywood core, the cabin sides and top are a phenolic honeycomb. I removed vinyl strip without any problem, try to blast away any dirt or crud.
1978 Chrysler 26 "Maudie Kay"
1984 Catalina 25 "REDUX" (rebuild)
It's better late than never
hp18carr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hp18carr »

I have a 1980 C26 model, the rub/toe rail comes off easy enough but it's a handfull without a few helping hands. The black vinyl strip the same. This maybe a different story going back on... have not crossed that bridge yet. Placed my black vinyl strips in a long PVC pipe to keep it from any damage off the boat. Note... only remove the screws holding the rub/toe rail, you may find more screws underneath (Idid). Don't remove them at least not all at once,(my bad) over time part of my deck seal separated. :evil:

Good luck with your C26
Terrence
Wilmington N.C.
Chrysler 26' 1980
Pandora (for now)
Windwalker

Post by Windwalker »

Creel

Post by Creel »

Part of vinyl had came out of alum toe rail on of my 1976. I just beat it back in with a rubber mallet...