And the adventure begins ....

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
LeatherneckPA
Site Admin
Site Admin

And the adventure begins ....

Post by LeatherneckPA »

I spent the entire summer and fall preparing for and performing my student teaching. I did manage to steal away for three days on the lake with the LS-16 before one of the plywood chainplate braces broke loose. I neglected the C-22. However, this Friday, instead of battling hordes of rude and inconsiderate people at the mall I am going to spend the day raising the mast on the C-22 in the driveway. I know one of the backstays is broken, and I suspect much of the standing rigging is in similar disrepair. Banshee will attest to the fact that what repairs the previous owner made were done with cost as the principle factor and longevity came in a distant second.

So my plan is to raise the mast and label all of the standing rigging. Then I'm going to remove it all and ship it out to be replaced. I know I saw someone post here recently about a favorable experience with some rigger that they had used. I'll go searching for that post.

In the world of motorcycling there are some people who practice what they refer to as "rustoration". The general idea is to be more concerned with the mechanical performance than the appearance of the vehicle. And for this upcoming season, that is my goal. I want to have Believer ready to sail from her rented slip before the May 1st launch date. Someday, I would like her to be as pretty as Tom's Copacetic or Jeff's Windward but my focus is safe sailing first, beauty second.
Iron Mike - Semper Fidelis
Jack of all trades, Master of none
1978 C-22: Believer
Windward

Post by Windward »

Jeff's Windward is well loved, well sailed, well used and at this point pretty well scratched. I appreciate the compliment, but she's a workin' girl, and would rather kick her shoes off and dance than have her nails done. You have your priorities lined up well, my friend!
turbo1168
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by turbo1168 »

This Friday, I will be doing the opposite and dropping my mast in the slip so I can get my spinnaker halyard and topping lift blocks installed, re-wiring the lights and installing a new windex. Hoping to get all that done in a few hours, then going out to fly a kite! Try http://www.secosouth.com/ in Largo, Fl. Prices are good, they have a good reputation and supply a lot of rigging to the big yacht companies.
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Paul »

My wife has to work friday, so I am unsupervised. I hope to get the lazy jack installed you guys put me onto and maybe, just maybe, get her in the water one last time before they close the lake (Dec 1).

Paul
Tranquil Chaos
mariner

Secosouth

Post by mariner »

Mike check out this post and try secosouth, you will not beat their price and will not be disappointed, let me know if you need any further info.

viewtopic.php?t=2534&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

P.s. I also labeled all the rigging top bottom etc, and after I was done I realized it was not really necessary,( but I did learn what all the wires really did!) you will have a forward stay, aft stay, and two lower and upper shroud stays. All of the attachments to the boat have turnbuckles and pins attached to the mast.
1976 - C22
"AnneMarie"