New power Panel For Lady Jo

Post All Electrical Topics Here
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

New power Panel For Lady Jo

Post by CaptainScott »

After searching and studying all the posts for various power panel ideas I finally settled on one for my new Lady Jo. Mostly copied Mariners idea! Thank you sir for that!

So, picture looking in the companion way. Look down and to the port or left. This is mounted just aft of the table and into the fiberglass. See the white in the top left corner of the photo? That is the funny shaped shelf. The wood above is the trim on the shelf above the table!

The main power switch was bought at a garage sale brand new for 5 bucks! Yeah baby! Also got some nice anchor chain!

After searching the internet for a nice looking breaker panel, I could not get myself to spend all the extra money for a panel with LEDs. However, being a gadget guy I had to have the LEDs because the look cool! LOL!
What I did was buy the panel with no LEDs at a substantial savings. Then simply went to radio shack and bought 12v LEDs! I drilled and mounted them myself. The bottom LED comes on when the main power switch to the left is flipped on. If the battery is hooked up backwards, the LED will be yellow. IF properly hooked up, the LED is red. I mounted this one first centering it on the panel. I wish I would have mounted it last and aligned it with the other LEDs! LOL!

All the other LEDs are off when their respective switch is off and on when the switch is on.

So, again, thanks Mariner for your ideas on where to mount the panel!

Also, for the curious, I mounted the battery in a battery box in the port lazerette as far forward as it will go and as far towards the centerline of the boat as I could get it. I through bolted the battery box to the floor of the lazerette. If you do the same, use extreme caution. there is plenty of room to drill towards the center of the boat but as you move outward the hull comes up to the bottom of the lazerette. No reason to install a fountain in my boat! LOL!

Hope you like it! I do!
Stereo, VHF, and LED lighting coming soon . . . . . . .
Scott

Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

Nicely done!

This is going to be your best Chrysler Sailboat yet! And the last 2 we're pretty darn nice too.

Thanks for sharing this. I still need to wire up my mast battery switch. I like the hand added LED which stays on when the battery is on. I will have to do this to my panel and install that master switch after all. :idea:

Thanks
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
dubbinchris

Post by dubbinchris »

Old thread I know, but do you by chance have a photo of your battery placement?

Thanks,
Chris
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Paul »

My 78 C22 has two push-pull switches mounted port side, just forward of the gas enclosure. Not currently wired to anything. I'm thinking about putting my electrical panel inside the boat, except for using these two switches for 1) low level cockpit lights, and 2) foredeck light on the mast. Seems to me that these two switches need quick access in the dark in order to make yourself visible in cases of immenant collision or to get light quickly into the cockpit should immediacy call for it.

thoughts?

Paul
Tranquil Chaos
Coreth

This is GREAT info!!!

Post by Coreth »

As I am undertaking a complete re-wire, among other things, I appreciate all of these ideas. I'll be sure to share as I progress over the next couple of months.

I do most of my writing and pics on the Coreth blog ;)
Best Wishes,

Corey
The Tigon - 1977 C22
Blog: SailingPugetSound.net