motor

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
blu by you

motor

Post by blu by you »

i bought a used suzuki 9.9 for my c22 of course it wont start, im trying to deermine the year anyone know anything about these th case is off white with maroon decals the numbers on the mtor dont seem to jive with browns point catolog
im a new chrysler c 22 owner (bought it the end of may )i will be sailing out of port ritchie fl
turbo1168
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by turbo1168 »

I can't help with I.D. of the engine, but check spark, fuel and compression in that order. No spark could be a number of things, plugs, bad coil, charge coil, kill switch grounded or wiring. If you have spark (nice bright bluish white spark, not a weak yellow spark) pull the plugs, ground the wires and put your fingers over the holes while cranking, that will tell you 2 things. You should get some fuel on your finger tips if you have fuel getting to the cylinders and the compression should blow your fingers off the holes.
hadaveha

Post by hadaveha »

I have a 1985 suk that is silver and black. I think the white ones were older Id quess around a 1981 or so, all if it has been sitting for awhile you might as well pull the carbs and clean them, use some compressed air allso, Id be that will be your problem I have owend 3 suks and they have been some of the best motors I have ever had.
david

new owner 1979 c22
ABIGAIL
blu by you

motor

Post by blu by you »

thanks i hopeto be working on it ths week , between packing for fl
im a new chrysler c 22 owner (bought it the end of may )i will be sailing out of port ritchie fl
blu by you

motor

Post by blu by you »

thanks i hopeto be working on it ths week , between packing for fl