Just given a sailbot....what is it????????

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
mrtransistor

Just given a sailbot....what is it????????

Post by mrtransistor »

Chrysler sailboat hull# 223031745
4 person @150# or 600# capacity

double dagger boards white sails
burnt orange on bottom, white top
fiberglass

What do I have?

Jim
mariner

Post by mariner »

Need a bit more info, there are quite a few small chryslers check outbthe documents section on the home page :D
1976 - C22
"AnneMarie"
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

Welcome aboard ship mate.

Yup, like Mariner said, need more data. Click on our hoe page http://chryslersailors.com/ then click on documentation. I bet you'll find the info there. Then you have to come back to this thread and let us know what you have.

If you don't find it post us a photo and we'll figure it out.

One thing for sure is if it's a Chrysler, your going to love it. Of course I am biased, and a tad obsessive about Chrysler sailboats. The more eloquent and politically correct say "Tightly Focused" I admit to "Tightly Focused" and Obsessive about Chrysler sailboats... and this forum. :lol:

Two dagger boards. I'm thinking a Lone Star 13 or 16 but I'm not sure. Get us a photo and we'll get an ID on it for you.

Other questions if you don't have a photo. Catamaran, single hull, length, beam, mast height.

Thanks
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
mrtransistor

I have a Lone Star 13!!!!!!!

Post by mrtransistor »

Talked to person who last sailed the boat.
Said there was a leak somewhere.
Bilge board ( just learned this big word) areas pass screwdriver rot test.
Saw a video, mine does not have nice teaky looking bottom.
Boards glassed into bottom of hull are mostly rotted
Swivel cleat survives a gentle pull
Boat was stored in water-catch mode.
Have sails, mast,boom,rudder,trashed trailer.
Handy with marine-tex and fiberglass
Sailed a 27 McGregor 2 years ago
Never solo sailed.
Everyone have fun watching the noob learn it all!
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

Welcome aboard Mrtransistor!

My re-fit was nearly as involved as yours sounds like, but it's half the fun is working on them.

Hey, one of the guys here on the forum, Moonshine Jim is parting out his C-22. I've asked him for the teak Bin Boards and I only need the top board of the three. If and when he and I get the deal put together perhaps you would be interested in the bottom Bin Board for 1/3 of the cost for all three boards? Could be good for us both! :wink:

Thanks
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
lecker68

Post by lecker68 »

If I had to guess probably Lone Star 13 double dagger boards and double rudder as it looks in the drawing.
Catch the wind and ride the wave, Have fun
Lyle
1980 C-26 #1100
S/V My Getaway
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34432376@N06/
kerryon

Post by kerryon »

By the description and info on the weight limit and capacity - I would say its an LS-13. The LS-16 could carry more.

If the plywood and glass cleats are rotted away - might be easiest to knock them off, sand down and epoxy paint to smooth it out? Biggest issued would be the Main Halyard cam cleat and the Mast heal - they both mount to the plywood on the floor. Might even try some "get rot" if there is enough wood there.....

The leak is most likely at the bilge board handles. should leak too much as they mostly fall above or near the waterline. They can be repaired fairly easily, by a dis assembly and a good cleaning, re assemble with some waterproof grease and tighten so the levers/boards dont fall down by their own weight....should do the trick to get you sailing, but with any dinghy or small daysailer - a hand bailer is a must!!!

Welcome, and hope this helps.
kerryon

Post by kerryon »

oh yeah - that color was only made in late '68 - '69. Otherwise the LS-13's were tealish.....
mrtransistor

Thanks Alanhod

Post by mrtransistor »

Got her fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

details: viewtopic.php?t=2956&highlight=ls13

finally sailing!

Thanks to all in the forum, your support and enthusiam has been tops!