Just joined the chrysler club

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
kaisersling

Just joined the chrysler club

Post by kaisersling »

Hi all, I just bought my first Chrysler this week. Its an 74 Mutt. Havent even had to look the boat over in detail yet. I am sure their will be little things that need replacing . Two glaringly obvious items:1) I have no idea how I am going to raise the mast when single handing 2) My foresail is on its last legs.
The main is in decent shape but the Jib is pretty ugly. I basically just want to do some repairs to get it through this first season, until I have the dough to replace it. If any one knows of a good source for scrap sails (4 to 5 mil) that I can use to cut up to sew in patches, please pass the info along. Both of my parents work in a marina so I have them looking for anyone tossing old sails that I can use. I know a new Jib only runs about $200 but my wife is already giving me the stink eye for buying another boat (just sold my 1962 Crestliner) and possibly a baby on the way

I have only a little experience sailing smaller boats. I have done extensive amounts of sailing on my fathers CAL 29, but I am looking forward to getting back into something smaller. I restored a mid-40s Penguin, but never had the chance to sail it. Anyway, cant wait to get out on the water and get my first few capsizings out of the way

Jay T.
Paul
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Paul »

Welcome Jay! More than one of us is familiar with the stink eye. As far as I am aware there are no innoculations available to ward it off, and for many of us it appears this Chrysler/sailing sickness is something for which there is no recovery. But I hope she really enjoys the boat!
Tranquil Chaos
Beady
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beady »

I learned how to sail in a Mutineer. Got a way from it for a few years (30) but really enjoy my C-22. Welcome.
Brian Eady
77 C-22
Sail La Vie
lecker68

Post by lecker68 »

Welcome aboard and I hope you enjoy this site as much as we do.
Catch the wind and ride the wave, Have fun
Lyle
1980 C-26 #1100
S/V My Getaway
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34432376@N06/
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Welcome aboard!
Glad to have ya here and to bring a mutt with you is cool!

We'll need some photos of your new ride!

Scott