1979 C-26 Chrysler for sale in Everett Washington

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

1979 C-26 Chrysler for sale in Everett Washington

Post by Alanhod »

Oh, don't you know it, finally the right C-26 for me and I have no job so I can't have it. This boat can't be more than 20 miles from me as I type this. :cry:

Dang, I could really see myself on this one too! :evil:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/boa/2303951079.html

Well hopefully someone else will see this one and buy it close by. :D

Thanks
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
Bhacurly
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bhacurly »

I shouldn't have looked, but I couldn't help myself!

Awesome price and the picts look good. If I didn't have a project boat in the shop I would definately look into that!!

No trailer either so getting it home would be a pain, so I can justify a no go... but DANG!!
back2class

Post by back2class »

Don't feel bad. Sometimes less is more! I passed on the free 26 someone gave away here a month back. Spoke to the fella and it was only 60 miles from me. But did not take much thought to realize the 22 was an all round better boat for me so I let it go. Aside from the ease of trailering and less cost to maintain, to me a 22 has many advantages and few drawbacks compaired to the 26. Now when you start getting up into the 30ft and up range (had a newport 31)you get a lot more boat and it will do things for you a 22 can't. I see a big jump from daysailers to 21-23 sailboats in what they offer. But between the 22 and 26' the boat gains few and looses many of it's advantages. I do think the 26 is a little "nicer" boat in lines, finish and from what I can tell by reading here, performance.
I kind of feel the same way about power boats. Owned a bunch of them in the 12-20ft range. Came to realize that a 13ft whaler was perfect. Would do 90% of what the 20 footer would and 150% of what the 12ft rowboat and 15' runabout would do in a simple well thought out package.

I am not saying this is the case with you or anyone here, but with boat owners there seems to be near as much love for the boat itself..owning it, looking at it, cleaning it and so on. Good exapmple is I see tons of people here in the south with huge bass boats with 90mph speeds on small lakes. Completely the wrong boat for all but tournament fishermen. I am sure most of them are making high monthly payments too. For those guys it is 90% about the boat and 10% about boating or fishing. Sailors are guilty of this too, but not as much. We have an actual skill to master and hope we get more than just owning a fancy toy out of the experience. I feel that temptation sometimes myself. Almost pulled the trigger on a Cal27 a few months back. It was club raced and had great high dollar equiptment worth more than the $2500 price, plus it had a nice newer outboard. Great deal...yes. Great boat...yes. Great boat for me..NO. almost bought it before I realized I was more in love with the boat than what I would do with it.
c-22
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

Back2class, you speak true words there ship mate. :?

Maybe I'm having 4 foot envy here, thinking 4 more feet will get me what I want. When in fact I do love the boat I'm in, really just looking for a little more head room and a real head vs the flush-able Blue Boy, that has never been used even once but kept at the ready just in case some day... :wink:

I think your right, I have the boat, rigged just the way I like it. I have the excellent trailer fit just the way I like it. I have the motor set just the way I want it. I have a fully functional Trailer Sailor set up just the way I want it....

Well except for those 20 or so items on my to do list that I always find something else to add to the list, once I take something off the list. So I have reached equilibrium. Just the right amount of sailboat and just the right amount of work boat. :lol:

However if the right C-26 at the right price and the right time should cross my path, it will be a hard day to say no to it.

Thanks
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
hp18carr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hp18carr »

Alan

I had planned on getting a C26 from the get go (first mate wanted more room than a C22) and when one virtually fell in my lap... oh well. Looking back now that I know a little of what I'm doing perhaps I should have let this one go, at the time I didn't realize just how much of a project it would be. Oh well we do live and learn... and I'll see this through till the end it is the sailboat I want.

Alan right back at you, but I have a little envy in a four foot less sailboat. You're C22 and a lot of others on this forum will be sailing under sunny skies while I'll be sailing the backyard. If ever there comes a day for me to own a second sailboat the C22 may well fit the bill. Fellow C26 owners I'm not a turn coat, my C26 is under my skin... I'll never willingly let her go, but the C22 does at times turn my head. :wink:

Terrence
Wilmington N.C.
Chrysler 26' 1980
Pandora (for now)