C22 dinnett table rework.

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Jmckamey

C22 dinnett table rework.

Post by Jmckamey »

Just finished the rework of my dinnett table. After some diccussion on the subject a couple of weeks ago I started to think about a way to down size the table, yet still be able to use it for the port birth without carring extra boards or other gear. Here is my solution. The project came in at under $20.00 and only took a couple of hours of hands on time. I also used left over material from the interior cushions to redo the aft facing dinnett seat back. Here I installed fabric with pillow batting to a !/4" peice of plywood using staples and secured that to the bulkhead with S/S screws. This really opened up space at that side of the table. Click on the pic for slide show.Image
Beady
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Beady »

Great idea and the cushions look great. WOW!!!
Brian Eady
77 C-22
Sail La Vie
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Plus 1 here!!

That looks like a GREAT idea!

Nice!

Scott
mcrandall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mcrandall »

Really nice job on the table! More room to sit for us widebodies and maintained the functionality of the birthing to boot.

Very nice! I'll be stealing that idea and proud of it! :wink:
Mark
http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... ew%20C-22/
1975 C-22 currently named Stardust (soon to be "Angela Marie")
sauerleigh

Post by sauerleigh »

Nice
1978 Chrysler 26 "Maudie Kay"
1984 Catalina 25 "REDUX" (rebuild)
It's better late than never
Kevin Dreher

Post by Kevin Dreher »

that turned out great.....nice idea
get n lost
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
Jmckamey

Post by Jmckamey »

Thanks for the comments. As for the galley, I have a couple of ideals in mind. For now the front runner is a portable galley box that can be stowed while not in use, then used in the cabin, cockpit, or taken to the beach when needed. Tring to wrap up these loose ends while the snow is flying.
Bhacurly
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bhacurly »

I like it, I like it alot!
LeatherneckPA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LeatherneckPA »

Are we allowed to copy, or is that patented? :lol:
Iron Mike - Semper Fidelis
Jack of all trades, Master of none
1978 C-22: Believer
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

Jmckamey wrote:Thanks for the comments. As for the galley, I have a couple of ideals in mind. For now the front runner is a portable galley box that can be stowed while not in use, then used in the cabin, cockpit, or taken to the beach when needed. Tring to wrap up these loose ends while the snow is flying.
Oh yes please, and thank you very much. My birthday is in July and those plans would make a very nice present for others too I'm thinking. If you make it half as functional as your galley table, our expectations are very high indeed. :P

I have got to make that galley table :!:

Thanks
Alan
It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
TravisJ

Post by TravisJ »

That's an awesome idea!

My boat didn't come with the table leg. What is the exact length so I can get a replacement?
1991 Capri 26 "Mari Sol"
1976 Chrysler 22 "Evening Star"

Commodore, Lynn Creek Yacht Club
Lake Joe Pool, Grand Prairie, TX
Jmckamey

Post by Jmckamey »

Yes, build on my brothers!! Here's a materials list.. I had planed to use 3/4" plywood but changed my mind at the store and bought 3 boards of 3/4" top grade pine that were 12"x 36" @ $5 ea. This made for a lot less cutting and sanding. Cut them to length and they are pretty much ready for stain. For the hinges I purchased 2 packs of 2 ea brass plated mini hinges at $2.00 ea. As this was pretty much a test run I tried to keep the materials cost to a min.. I guess the sky is the limit on wood types and such. If I need to do it over I'll use Oak , although that will just about tripple the cost of the project if you purchase from the warehouse types.
On another note. If you install spacers on the edge of the middle board you can double the table area if needed by folding over the top board. Without spacers the board hangs too low.
Another way to do this is by using only one fold in the table, you would have two 18" boards instead of three 12" boards. This would make for a little wider table. Yes, one of you guys needs to try this. It may be a better way. I can also tell you this table is alot easer to deal with when it comes to getting it unstuck from the post for converting it to a birth.

Travisj, the post length is 25". I have seen them on line with the post and fittings for around $12.00.
astrorad

Post by astrorad »

Jmckamey, What kind of fabric did you use for your cushions? It looks very nice....thanx , Bill
Bill
Andiron120
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Andiron120 »

Top notch idea, this will cure the table problems I have been dealing with. I will probably go with the single fold idea, but may be a bit before I can get it done and post the results. Thanks for the fine design work!
"I feel no need to go anywhere the ice gets larger than will fit in my glass"
Jmckamey

Post by Jmckamey »

Hello bill, and thanks! I'm sorry that I can't say exactly what this material is, I bought it from a guy that had two storeage buildings full of all types of automotive fabrics and vinyls. I can tell you it is a heavy material that looks to be a cotton poyl blend. It was easy to work with and is very tuff. I think it will hold up well. I'll try to post some pictures of the interior when, and if we ever get a nice day. Forcast is rain and snow for the next week. Ugh!