Interior question

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
EricBerg

Interior question

Post by EricBerg »

Hi folks, another question for your advice.
My C-26 has a thin foam rubber lining in the aft berth area under the cockpit that is disintregrating and falling off.
I am thinking of wire brushing the inside of the hull, and just plain painting it with a light paint. (some kind of latex enamel)
Pro's ? Con's? This are will be used more for storage than anything else. \
Anyone else done this?

Thanks in advance for your collective wisdom.
Eric in Sioux Falls
jstplan

Paint

Post by jstplan »

Hi Eric
I painted the entire headliner area last year with a good exterior FLAT latex enamel and it looks great and seems to be holding up well. I added an extra amount of mildew preventer to the paint.
Mike
NYCSAILOR

i have this too..

Post by NYCSAILOR »

it is a mess.. thinking of cleanign it off and laminating a nice wood veneer to al lthe surfaces with glue but did this in the head and it is a ot of labor...
NYCSAILOR

Post by NYCSAILOR »

bumping this thread...

the OEM fabric and foam padding all over my interrior is fallin off the sides and cieling...what is the best removal method and what hve people replaced the foam /fabric walls with ..paint.....I don't want carpeting and I am thinking of something nice like wood slats or so...but best removal methods/practices would be helpful
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Well, the method I used on EE might be of little help to you ! After gutting the interior, I climbed in with a pressure washer, had the bilge pump running, and went at it !

I did find a product called "Goo Gone" that worked wonders on the leftover glue on the interior gelcoat - that might help you on the rotted foam, I found it after I pressure washed.

http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep= ... 280783&ck=

Also if you need a paint match for the stern, I have a tip here:

http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep= ... 291853&ck=
NYCSAILOR

Post by NYCSAILOR »

thanks..that will get me started and save me some sweat...
SN691
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SN691 »

[quote="NYCSAILOR"]bumping this thread...

the OEM fabric and foam padding all over my interrior is fallin off the sides and cieling...

I have the same problem with my liner. EE when you redid your liner did you repace it with fabric, use vinyl or did you paint it?
Bob

1979 C-26

Easy Street

~~~_/)~~~
NYCSAILOR

Post by NYCSAILOR »

I was thinking of wood vernerr or thin slats for a more yachty less plastic feel/look