Question from Bill Williams

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Question from Bill Williams

Post by CaptainScott »

OK, who has opened up the C22 where the foam is?

Question:

Has anyone removed the floatation under the starboard sette where the gally normally goes? If so, was there any floatation material under the liner between the liner and the hull?

Hey Bill, I know you've already requested access to the forum and I look forward to seeing you here! Sorry we lost connection while chatting! Feel free to email or call me anytime you have questions or just want to chat sailing!

Congrats on the new 22! Please post photos of her here so we can all enjoy her!

Scott
mcrandall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mcrandall »

Scott-

I have opened mine, but I haven't done much of the removal yet. I opened mine up fore, towards the bilge area. The settee is filled with foam as far as I have excavated (not much.)

When you say liner and hull, what exactly do you mean? I'm assuming the area "inside" the settee, yes? I believe this all merges as one piece (hull/liner) when you get to the walkway area. I drilled through the walkway-to-hull near the foot of the settee to see where floatation/core material ended and found this area to be solid glass all the way through.

Just for free: I DID find the settee surface was a glass sandwich that has a cardboard-like corrigated material between the two layers of glass. Un fortunately, that means moisture/mold issues for me. Not sure what, if anything to do aboout that.

Cheers!
Mark
http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... ew%20C-22/
1975 C-22 currently named Stardust (soon to be "Angela Marie")
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Thanks for the reply,
The question is actually for Bill, he will be joining us soon and can ask for more detail himself. I don't want to ask more because I do not want to confuse the issue. I believe he is monitoring and reading this post.

Hey Bill, EE received your request but you did not provide the "login" name for him to activate. Please check your email for one from "Emergency Exit". He has provided instructions for you to help him get you online! The sooner you get back to him the sooner he can activate you!

Scott
mcrandall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mcrandall »

Cool!

Let me know if I ccan help, Bill!
Mark
http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... ew%20C-22/
1975 C-22 currently named Stardust (soon to be "Angela Marie")
Banshi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Banshi »

I have not opened that particular area but I have opened it up forward of the mast and at the table pedestal and there was no foam in the space between the liner and hull in these areas.