Tring to drag the cat in.

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Mario G

Tring to drag the cat in.

Post by Mario G »

Just read this on another group and thought others here would find this more then interesting. I gave him an invite lets hope he becomes a part of the fun.

Chrylser Muskateer Catamaran Wanted

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanted: Chrysler Muskateer: I have a 1974 Chrysler Muskateer C-16. Bought it new and still race it currently. My decks are getting spongey so I'm looking for a C-16 for parts or if there are current sailors of this boat would appreciate conversation on it. I feel like I am the only Muskateer owner left on the planet.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

I've only ever seen one for sale. Wished I could have bought in simply because of the rarity.
Chrysler Cat

Post by Chrysler Cat »

It's quite a conversation piece thats for sure. Especially when they find out I bought it new or should I say my dad did when I was 14, 1974, $2,600.00. I raced Saturday and had to take 2nd due to my handicap of 153 to a Tremolino whos' handicap is 168 since i finshed ahead by only 4 minutes. Overall I'm currently second in our community fleet of 27 boats of various types. I get a kick when I beat a Hobie Tiger with a 36 yr old Chrysler. Pictures to down loaded soon.
Cowboy

Musketeer In the Desert

Post by Cowboy »

So I just purchased my first Sailboat!!
It was cheap and I always wanted one so i dove in. I put some air in the tires and untangled the mess of rope and cables and brought her home. Then the research started. Come to find out that I have a 1973 C-16 Musketeer. Mostly complete I think(Cant find and info on what she is supposed to look like).
Does anyone have a manual or pictures that I could reference?

Hope I'm not to late in this discussion and there is someone out there that has one or has seen one.

About the desert part, I live in Central New Mexico.
I didn't know that i was getting such a rare classic.Was hoping to toss a little cash at her and she would be race ready. Seems like it may be more difficult than that.

Thanks
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Welcome to the forum Cowboy!

Check my signature where it indicates Documents and click on it. Then scroll down in alphabetical order until you find what you need!

Again,
Welcome!
Scott
Cowboy

Post by Cowboy »

Thanks, That is great. I have noticed my hulls are a little different. They have "compartments" near the stern. Any idea where I could find parts or will I have to fabricate them? mast head, Jib reefing tube, Tiller connector and extension?
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

I'd start with the local West Marine for some of the items and have also purchased odd items from RigRite.com .

They may or may not have what you need but it is worth a look!

Scott