Pacific Fleet Rally in Everett WA?!

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pacific Fleet Rally in Everett WA?!

Post by Alanhod »

It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Sounds like fun to me!
Scott
Bhacurly
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bhacurly »

Me too!

Not sure what the work schedule looks like that far out for Pam or myself. Hopefully we can both be there with the C-22, or at least be there,,, and we have no problem going to your side vs Moses Lake if it makes a differance... I mean really,,, Moses Lake vs the Sound,, hmmm

FWIW... we'll be there on Aug 17&18,,, may bring the Kayak and putz around before a doc visit.

I hear Summer is coming this weekend!! Yahoo!! We've had so much rain I was afraid I'd have more algae on the top deck then the hull!!

Billy
lecker68

Post by lecker68 »

Alan I like your ajenda for the rally.
Catch the wind and ride the wave, Have fun
Lyle
1980 C-26 #1100
S/V My Getaway
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34432376@N06/
Greg48

Post by Greg48 »

Sounds like fun if its something a new guy can handle. Got the weekend off and getting anywhere is no problem. Hopefully I will have some experience by then. Thanks Greg
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

OK then,
So far, I hear 4 sets of folks very interested in a labor day Chrysler get together!

Everyone has basically said wherever works. There is hint from two folks that maybe Puget Sound is a better choice!

Last year we attempted a similar get together that never really came to be. I'm all for a Puget Sound get together. I would again recommend Kayak Point. A few reasons. One is Kayak Point offers excellent camping facilities for those that do not wish to stay aboad their Chrysler. There is a fairly large state park on the water with restroom facilities however it closes at dusk. There is a boat ramp for immediate and easy access. I would however recommend launching in Everett. That would allow a nice afternoon sail of about 3 hours to get to Kayak Point. For those worried about leaving a vehicle for the entire weekend at a public launch, I could probably sport 2-3 tow vehicles and trailers at my house and taxi folks back to their boat at the launch. Lastly, If it was desired, I could bring Destiny as a host boat. With Destiny I could bring a pair of sea kayaks, and a 10' inflatable with 15hp for ship to shore activities. If we prefer to keep it strictly Chrysler though, I understand! Destiny is a Beneteau.

The drawback to Kayak point is it is popular. If you wish to camp ashore you need reservations VERY SOOOOOON! The boat ramp can get busy as can the water by the beach. We can however anchor further away to avoid the comings and goings of jetski's, ski boats, etc.

All that being said . . . . . . . Alan, should we take a poll on if and where to meet and run with it?

Scott

PS:
This would be an excellent oppertunity for any sailor looking for a hand on any sailing issues. Trailering, stepping the mast, launching, anchoring techniques, or just simple rigging of their boats!

ALL WOULD BE WELCOME reguardless of skill level.