I'm gonna embarass somebody ...

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
LeatherneckPA
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm gonna embarass somebody ...

Post by LeatherneckPA »

and I'm not even going to feel sorry about it!

Banshi (name withheld because he doesn't post it on his profile) is one phenomenally great guy!! I posted here on Monday that I was going to have to travel to FL and attempt to load and trailer Believer solo. Not very long after that I got a PM from Banshi saying that since I was stopping at his house for a motor anyway he would go along with me. Well, having witnessed the photos of his trailer and boat I jumped at that offer. There is no doubt whatsoever in my mind that I would have had an extremely difficult time of doing this by my lonesome. His knowledge and experience (not to mention his upbeat personality) made it a pleasant experience. Because of him I was able to load the boat and get all the way back up to exit 58 in GA, which is where I started the day also. I told him right from the get-go that all his expenses, food, and drink were on me for the day. The sum total for him was something like $7 at McDonald's for supper. In addition to the motor, spare prop, spare belt, manual, and charging plug for the motor's battery he also gave me a fuel tank to go with the motor. And then wouldn't take any more money for it.

The details are a separate post for later. I just wanted to make a public statement of what a fine fellow he is; a true gentleman and definitely a breath of fresh air after the thugs I dealt with for 23 years on "the job".
Iron Mike - Semper Fidelis
Jack of all trades, Master of none
1978 C-22: Believer
FranS

Post by FranS »

You meet the best people here!
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
Banshi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Banshi »

Well I sure appreciate the kind words and they could all be said about Micheal and everyone I have corresponded with on this forum. I enjoyed the trip and it really did not seem like the 12 hour trip it was. He showed great patience as well because as my wife, children and anyone who has worked with me on the job can attest I can be impatient, bossy and hardheaded when I get involved in doing something.

I did have one moment of trepidation as I held the end of the mast after lowering it when he looked back at me from the deck and said "I have stopped sweating" :shock: but a few minutes of rest, some sweet tea and we were able to finish up without calling 911 :lol:

I gained knowledge of a good ramp with 48 hour parking that I may use in the future to explore the tampa gulf area and got to poke around in another C-22 not to mention the five minute motor from the dock to the ramp :) What can I say I love the water and any chance to get on a sailboat is to much for me to resist.
Mario G

Post by Mario G »

Sounds like everything worked out great, I really wish I could have gone.

We learned how stressful it can be moveing a boat by land or sea. And a differance with help how well things can go.

So where are the pictures :?: :lol: :lol:
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Excellent story! I too would like to see photos!! :)
As already stated! There are a lot of GREAT folks here!

Thanks Banshi for stepping up for another sailor!

Scott
ronc98

Post by ronc98 »

We need a like Button for this forum! :)