It is time for this one to come home.

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
hp18carr
Site Admin
Site Admin

It is time for this one to come home.

Post by hp18carr »

My 1980 Chrysler 26 takes to the air.

The truck needed to pull this off was the size of a small fire truck.

We got her home safely, so as its be said... this is where the fun begins :D
Chrysler20%26

Nice boat

Post by Chrysler20%26 »

Nice boat, where is home? Did you just get it, need more infull, keep us up to date.
Mario G

Post by Mario G »

20&26 that looks like the C-26 Terence stumbled on in Sept. ( stumble on an early C-26 project for me now please...lol)

Congrats on getting it home it looks like the eastern Chrysler fleet is growing. I will have my C-22 near the coast around march or so and Holiday willbe taking his right to your area... he would be someone you could get up with for any info, hes in the recunstruction on his now.

I can't get over the number of Chryslers there seem to be here it gives me hope of finding the right C-26 (something that I can get real dirty playing with)

Good luck with it hope to see you on the water when I get there.
NYCSAILOR

Post by NYCSAILOR »

AWRIGHT! Congrats and use her in good health!!! You must be very excited.
C-26, Fixed Keel # 343
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

NIce pictures and congratulations!!!!

Thanks for sharing!
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Nice, congratulations, she looks good -
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
hp18carr
Site Admin
Site Admin

It time for this one to come home

Post by hp18carr »

Sorry... my bad :oops: forgot to place my name in the post. Terrence from wilmington N.C. I'll be sure and take a number of pics as I go along, but for now I'll only be doing a lot of back yard sailing.
Capt. Bondo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Capt. Bondo »

Love the dog supervising the lift on the first pic. :lol:
H:)ppy Place
78 Chrysler 22

You can go to a Zen Master or you can go Sailing, either way you end up in about the same place..... a Happy Place
Gus

Post by Gus »

Hey Terrence, I'm Gus, and I'm moving to Wilmington tomorrow. I found a place not far from Carolina Beach =))
1976 Chrysler 22 Halve Maen - Sail # 595
hp18carr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Good news

Post by hp18carr »

Hi Gus

Great to hear that someone with hands on experience with Chrysler
sailboats is close at hand. I'm sure as I progress with the overhaul
of this c26 a helping hand and advice at times may will be needed. I have lived in Wilmington for 90% of my life, I'm sure the town will grow on you.

Good Sailing
Terrence
Chrysler 26 1980
clair hofmann

Post by clair hofmann »

Hi Terrence. Congrats on getting your new boat home. You were so lucky to find one with a trailer. I bought mine up in New Bern and had to motor it all the way around to our place on Bay River. There wasn't a breath of wind that day. Your boat looks very much like mine, inside and out. Is the bow rail tweaked. I think mine took a shot on a piling at one time and wound up with a kink on the port side. Wilmington is a nice area. I have an old Coast Guard buddy that lives in Wrightsville Beach and get down there from time to time. Where do you plan to sail? Good luck with the boat.
Clair
hp18carr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Chrysler 26 1980

Post by hp18carr »

Hi Clair

This old girl up until now has lived her life in salt waters and has taken a number of shots. After the overhaul if all goes well, I plan to put her out to pasture so to speak. Lake Watauga in Tenn, is where she will spend her golden years.

Terrence
Wilmington N.C.
Chrysler 26 1980
Windward

Post by Windward »

Hey Terrence, Watauga's not exactly out to pasture. You'll find plenty of breeze there, especially in the winter. Except for her fall forays to the coast, Windward lives on Watauga and seems to enjoy her time there, as do I, and most years she gets out more than 60 days. With the trailer, you can always always drag her east for a few weeks if you get the urge for some salt in your diet. I've been borrowing a trailer for my trips, but getting on of my own is moving ever higher on my list of priorities... just tough to find one set up right, in decent shape, at a decent price, near enough to be worthwhile.

Clair, where on the Bay River is your place? Windward and I spent the evening of October 19th comfortably anchored in Long Creek, off the southeast corner of Bonner Bay. Beautiful place to keep a boat, but you do want to have screens handy at sundown!
clair hofmann

Post by clair hofmann »

Jeff
We're about 1/2 mile up Bay River from Bonner Bay. You head up river till you see 3 Deltec homes next to one another on your port. Cabin Creek goes in there. We are about 200 yards in off the river. Its well protected. We put in a hog slat dock along with a ramp. Haven't tried to pull the 26 out there yet but the ramp works well for our other boats. 11/2 -2 years we hope to be there full time. Heading down this Wed. for Thanksgiving.
Clair
Windward

Post by Windward »

Clair,

Wish you could have joined us for the NCSail Pirates 2009 trip out to Cape Lookout. I was sailing the area the week before and the week after... I'd still be there if I had money and annual leave left. Gus made it down for Pirates, too, in his C22.

In my book, that area provides ideal waters for the C26. Lots of inshore stuff, opportunities to use the curb feeler (swing keel), and easy enough to jump outside if you're in the mood for something more ambitious. Not that Pamlico's a slouch if you stay inside. Oct 2008 I had several really intense days sailing the sound during small craft advisories. The 3rd reef and about half of the 70 sq ft jib came into play one day; I was in no way undercanvassed, and the deck got rinsed pretty thoroughly while I was out.

Wish I could bring Windward down for Thanksgiving, but I'm leaving for a business trip to Morocco in about 45 minutes and won't be back until after the holiday.

Do you guys know Paul and Rose Del Rio at Paradise Cove, north side of Broad Creek?

Perhaps next time we drag the boat over we can coordinate and get both boats out.

J
Mario G

Post by Mario G »

I'm really sorry I missed the NC sail.

My C-22 is in the front yard now, the mast dropping went very smooth with the marina's telephone pole and hand wench setup.

The 45 mile tow back was also smooth, I really havent done much to my Ford f-150 from the accident ,( did cash the phat check...lol) For what I have in the truck it's pay for and then sum.

I'm going to spend the next 3 months retro-fitting it, the Pamico sound awaits. I'm Interested in all information from anyone that sailed it.

(LOL this is 4 threads into 1)
clair hofmann

Post by clair hofmann »

Jeff
We haven't met Paul and Rose yet. Some of our neighbors go over to the Friday nite pot lucks they have but we haven't made it . I think 2 of the neighbors race RC sailboats there from time to time.
Clair
Gus

Post by Gus »

Awww the Pirates Sail, it was a rough night, but now I wish there was another one coming up soon! At least we got the grog nights to make it till :)

Terrance: I love Wilmington, ever since I visited for the first time in 2002 after I got to Fort Bragg. I live off 421 about 2 miles from the corner with College Road. I ain't got my baby down here with me. This place has boat parking, but lets say my trailer won't fit in one (too long!)

Gus
(enjoying his empty apartment :p)
1976 Chrysler 22 Halve Maen - Sail # 595
hp18carr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by hp18carr »

Gus
Sad to hear your Chrysler is not with you, I can't say it's a done deal, but if it comes down to it I have a big back yard. If you have no other options give me a call, me and the commander and chief are on good terms.

Terrence
Wilmington N.C.
Chrysler 26 1980
(910) 686-4625