First splash report

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
trev
Site Admin
Site Admin

First splash report

Post by trev »

77 C25
Myasis Dragon
http://www.svmyasisdragon.com
NYCSAILOR

Post by NYCSAILOR »

1) get her a name! ( she is trying to get your attention and in the meantime rattle your girlfriend!)

thanks for your log report....I am learning too on how to handle crew...it seems so simple to hold the tiller into the wind.. but inexpereinced crew panic and cause all kinds of problems that affect our judgement. everyone I know has powerboats and all I hear is hey, why can't you just turn the key and turn up the stereo and can we go there ( pointing to a direction ) or go to greenport ( an all day sail but a hour in a PB) for lunch) or whay is this all so much work..

so I will also lead all lines tothe cockpt this winter since I can't rely on crew and also ssince I will likely be sailing alone ( in a C-26!) more in the future.

I also notice that the crew really panics when they see you having trouble starting the engine ( they forget that you have an alternate propulsion source called the wind)...that is why more than anything I ponied up the first big $$$$'s for a very solid dependable electric start four stroke. that powers right up and calms everyone ( even though I am learning --see other thread) that it really isn't gonna help much when REALLY needed!

really nice pic in your post...
C-26, Fixed Keel # 343
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Nice post and great update! I agree, your girl is trying to get your attention! These Chryslers just seem to get jealous if you do not provide the right attention! LOL!

Thanks for the post!
Scott
FranS

Post by FranS »

I will always choose to be the one raising sail over handling the tiller. the sails are relatively light, if you run the lines to the cockpit she does not have to go forward. But then Ive always been very comfy crawling around on the foredeck. Jusr tell her to stay lown and she will be fine.
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Nice pics, great update - what kind of outboard was it ?

Oh, but are they jealous indeed. The redhead had to buy EE's affection - until she bought, and then personally tied on 4 new fenders, EE would show her, ah, "stern "anytime she was aboard. The outboard that ran perfectly for me the day before would flood and not start. Sheets that ran fine for me would hockle up in the blocks and backwind the genny during tacks in gusty winds.

I think that started because in the two years I worked on EE in the yard the redhead stepped aboard about twice to look at paint or carpet, and EE did not appreciate the snub.
Alanhod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanhod »

It's a good life on the
Honu, 1976 C-22
My Chrysler Sailing Photos: http://s1297.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... ry/Sailing
trev
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by trev »

77 C25
Myasis Dragon
http://www.svmyasisdragon.com