relaced keel cable

Post All Keel Topics Here
javelin

relaced keel cable

Post by javelin »

On a previous posting, I told about breaking the cable for the keel. Following the advice of posters and the Chrysler web sight, the boat was hauled out, I replaced the cable and was back in the water inside of 20 minutes. Nothing else was damaged. Surprisingly, easy to do !!

On another note, my new bimini arrived from Safeguard Covers and I installed it on the cowling rather than near the toe rail. This gave me 6' headroom. All for $200 bucks. Sometimes, now and again, if only rarely, installations and repairs go the way you want it to on a boat Thanks to all those who posted to help, especially EE. Russell
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

On the bimini, find a way to use the cover, even if you have to cut it to fit around the backstays and add velcro. I swear my red cover has faded a bit in the blistering sun down here, might be my imagination. Paranoid about the cheap price maybe.

The red haired, fair skinned, Danish descent, Idaho transplant loves ours, esp since I added a fan to it.

Hey, what color did you get ?
javelin

Post by javelin »

The colour is bahama blue which is close to my main sail cover. Yeah, good idea about the cover. I will rig it so it does sort of work. The supports are remarkably stronger than I would have thought but the " canvas " is fairly light. But if it is wrecked, I have a pattern now to make a new one out of better material if necessary in the future.