re: Questions about galley function for my C-22

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
sungun61

re: Questions about galley function for my C-22

Post by sungun61 »

Just this week acquired a heavily used galley feature for my 1980 C-22.
Had this fantastic boat for a year, but it came w/o the sliding galley. Any one
out there answer questions for me regarding how it functions and where I might get nylon "glides" that are missing ??? Any help greatly appreciated.
ps- brand new member / love the forums.
Jeff
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Welcome to the forum!
I have no idea where to get those. Maybe one of the other folks know??

Scott
sungun61

Post by sungun61 »

Thanks for response. Anyone out there have one of these "kitchens"
in their C-22 who can share some experience with me. For instance, I see the water hold within the galley but I don't see any kind of pump, so what makes water flow into sink??.
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

I have the setup in both of my 22's. However I do not use either of them yet. I'm not familiar with the actual use of them yet. I can however get photos or compare set ups for and with you if you'd like.

Unfortuantely both boats are buried in snow now. It may be a while before I get aboard either of them!
Don't want to kill myself slipping off the deck!

Unusually long and cold spell here in Washington state! Evenings expected to be in the mid TEENS in the greater Seattle area!

Scott
njerrell

Post by njerrell »

Hello and welcome,i have a c26 but i assume the function of the sink is about the same on the 22,there should be a hose that attaches to the faucet of the sink,from the water hold,what would be your faucet should operate as a pump"in and out motion".Hope that helps with your question.
Nathan
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Sungun welcome aboard !

Nathan, how goes it with your C26 ?

Start us a new thread on it if you have any updates !
Last edited by EmergencyExit on Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sungun61

galley function etc.

Post by sungun61 »

Ah yes the faucet handle as a pump. It's one of those things where once you hear it - ah yes that would be the only possibility. thanks. I will test it all out this week. We are having a typical NC warm spell in the 60's. I will get the water hold filled and buy some alcohol for the cooktop and see what happens.
My biggest challenge will be securing the missing nylon glide that allows it to slide in and out. Perhaps i can just find some raw material and fabricate a replica. I'll let you know how it goes.
Gus

Post by Gus »

The best thing I did to my chrysler 22 was to take that dang galley out. First it solved the bad listing to starboard that I had. Second, I gained a ton of space. I keep empty milk crates with all kinds of nicks nacks in where the galley used to be (lines, fenders, an oar, etc)
To cook I use a propane heather in the cockpit, and I have one of those rails grills. For water I carry 1 gallon jugs in one of the lockers. I only have 1 dish, and for a sink I use the bailing bucket. Hope you'll find more use of the galley than I did.

Gus
1976 Chrysler 22 Halve Maen - Sail # 595