Source for custom cockpit cushions....

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
NYCSAILOR

Source for custom cockpit cushions....

Post by NYCSAILOR »

FYI...

http://www.bottomsiders.com/boatresults ... hrysler%20

$612 for all three...they do have a "5 cushion set" as well which I guess let's you open the lockers.

looking for a good source for cabin and v-berth cushions
keysskipper

Post by keysskipper »

nice, let us know if you find a source for the salon, V berth and the coffin
would love to upgrade after hurricane season 8) KS
NYCSAILOR

Post by NYCSAILOR »

THat is how I found this source.... but what I have done is do a search here and I found a thread that tells you EVERYTHING you need to know about salon cushion..One great guy (ron?) did a great job of laying out all the dimensions and yardage you need and ways to improve the cusions.

I still have all the original cushons and will drop them off at the upholsterter but there asure are a lot of them...I am thinkin of just making them myself...
keysskipper

Post by keysskipper »

sounds great, we are hoping we still have a boat next week, Ike has us very worried, they are starting mandatory evacuations tomorrow, hope he goes north. fair winds, 8) KS
thepartydog

Post by thepartydog »

KS,

Good luck, Ike looks mean. Feel free to evacuate up here to the panhandle, that is if we're not next on Ike's list.

Darin
Darin
"Ya Never Know"
1980 C26
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

I'm a bit late here but we have had very good experience with Bottom Siders. We find them very comfortable and clean extremely easy.

Scott
keysskipper

Post by keysskipper »

Hey Shark, we are going to order the 3 cushion set, customized, did you get the stripe and boat name? do they leak? how is the color holding up, we are wondering about the UV factor. Thanks, KS 8)
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Our cushions have held up extremely well and they are nearing 5 years old for the current set. We walk on them, sit on them, and generally abuse them. They get the typical dirtyness and salt water periodically. We simply hose them down and maybe even scrub them if necessary.

We have the strip to match our canvas but we do not have our boat name on them. The strip is perfect in every way like the day they were delivered. Bear in mind, when you receive them, there is a curing periond where they must air out and lie flat. If memory serves it was about a week. They are indeed watertight. At least ours are!!

As far as UV? I'm in Seattle! I had to look up how to spell UV let alone know what it is!!! LOL! We have minimal UV exposure I'm sure compared to you so I'm probably not a valad person to answer that one! We do put them away everytime we come back though. We store them flat in our aft stateroom.

One thing to note, I have read before that "Sun Tan Lotion", whatever that is, can cause the stripping to run. We do use that stuff in the summer and have had no issue however we have very litte or no run off of lotion do to body sweat. It just isn't THAT hot!!

This is our second set. we had a set for another boat that were on the boat when we bought her. They were at least 5yrs old when we sold that boat and still looked great except where I closed a lazerett an tore off a small chunk in the corner of one of the cushions. It was a none issue other than my pride. We lived with it without a problem.

Hopefully this helps!

Scott
keysskipper

Post by keysskipper »

Scott,
thanks for the valuable info, it sold the wife too, so thanks again, one thing though, we are getting the 3 set, why the 5? does the 79 have a lazerette on the starboard side? we have a 78 just one on the port side, also since we have no pics is the aft cushion shaped kinda like the aft hatch? thanks again, I am stoked Rag Time is looking great for an old boat and we are looking forward to a great sailing season. 8) KS
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

Hey KS,
No problem on the info. Just glad to help out!

As far as fit on the Chrysler, I must apologize, I have no idea! we used to own and Endeavour 32 with bottomsiders. We loved them. When we bought our Beneteau 40 we promptly added bottom siders to her. QWe love them. The boat ride is much more comfortable. The change from fiberglass to bottom siders for your butt is a nice change. However, you do not realize how nice until you have to go back to fiberglass!!!

For giggles about ten minutes ago I asked my wife "what if we lost our bottom siders?" Her comment was we'd immediately order more!

I have two 22' Chryslers I use to teach sailing. I'm actually considering a set for one of the 22's! Yup. We like them that much!!

If you call bottom siders. they are ( or 5 years ago were ) very helpfull in answering questions. ASK FOR BOAT SHOW PRICES! I did and got them! No there was no boat show at the time!

Also you might ask . . . .
No, I do not work for know anyone that works for or have even been to bottom siders factory! LOL! We are simply that happy with their product.

If you are curious about me or my boats, just click on the descriptors in my sig and look around.

I'm very happy to help anytime I can.
Scott
keysskipper

Post by keysskipper »

Thanks Capt. we are waiting on them now, if you ever make in 3200 miles or so to your SE give us a buzz, we owe ya one. Fair Winds 8) KS
CaptainScott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CaptainScott »

No problem, just glad to help.
I'd love to take you up on that some day! We do hit Florida Near Tampa once in about five years.
Maybe someday we''ll share a toaste!
Scott
NYCSAILOR

Post by NYCSAILOR »

curious how much and did you solve the "3 vs. 5" cushion riddle? I have a early c-26 ( 1978?) with the "dolphin nose" "bullet " deck do we order the 3 or 5 set?
keysskipper

Post by keysskipper »

All we did was enter the boat stats, and boom then they want money, we are getting the 3 set, promise to post pics soon 8) KS