THE Pirateer thread - conversation

Special area for the smaller Chryslers - Musketeer, Buccaneer, Mutineer, Man O' War, Pirateer, Daggers, etc.
Graibeere

THE Pirateer thread - conversation

Post by Graibeere »

I've recently acquired a Pirateer (1976 I'm pretty sure)

This seems to be the authoritative community, there's no Pirateer13.org or Facebook group, at least none that I can find.

Finding any information about the Pirateer has been disappointing to say the least. The manual is abysmal, and questions here go unanswered. I got more information about rigging this boat from this video than searching up and down the internet. And he must have a much more modern boat or customized it, with a boom vang and hiking strap.

So let's do something about it. I'm going to start another thread called THE Pirateer thread and I'll post everything I know, have found or figured out. My goal is to make the manual obsolete. We'll see how far we get.

So, are there any other Pirateer owners around? Chime in here.
Graibeere

Re: THE Pirateer thread - conversation

Post by Graibeere »

Out for an evening sail with my daughter in calm waters on the Pirateer
received_529484558866860~2.jpeg
dantronix

Post by dantronix »

I have one I am replacing a sidestay and was looking at putting something on it like a boom vang and hiking strap.
Also, the boom has no hole (it's solid) for the pintel or "casting forward boom end" part 844454 no 12A.

Hope to have it back in the water tomorrow- just to sail. Then fix a few more items.
Graibeere

Post by Graibeere »

If you still have all the pieces from the sidestay, airplane wire is an easy find a most hardware stores, I imagine it's not impossible to make a replacement, and you can use the remaining sidestay as a guide. Or are you looking to try and buy one?

Unless Chrysler added a vang in later models, the guy in the video linked above must've added his own. The right hardware and a few rivets would suffice.

I added a hiking strap, detailed here: Pirateer Customizations

No hole???

Like this hole?
PXL_20220811_132729792.jpg