Bimini / Shade for Chrysler 22

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
CLS72

Bimini / Shade for Chrysler 22

Post by CLS72 »

Hi -
Got a "new" Chrysler 22; trying to find a Bimini (or picture of one) to get some shade. Any ideas/links/pictures/suggestions are welcome
thx
Captainbtd

Re: Bimini / Shade for Chrysler 22

Post by Captainbtd »

The following link is on the Documentation page of Chrysler Sailors. There are a few pics of OEM bimini top for the C22. Congrats on the new to you C22. There is tons of great helpful info on this forum. I myself am getting my 77 C22 ready to sail. Welcome aboard!

http://captainscottsailing.com/Chrysler ... ts1977.pdf
Brian
CaptainBangTheDock

1977 Chrysler C22
To be renamed... Formerly "Tigger"
CLS72

Post by CLS72 »

Thanks, this is useful, I will post back when I manage to build/buy one.....
louie-arecco

Post by louie-arecco »

CLS72,

I am too looking for a C22 Bimini. Let me know if you are able to find a design or a manufacturer. I'll do the same.
Louie & Jessica
dennyzen
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dennyzen »

While cleaning my basement, I realized I have a Chrysler bimini. I no longer have the boat and didn't use the bimini in the 15years I sailed her. The previous owner did use it as I sailed on it a couple of times with it up, so I know it works. Not sure how it was attached or deployed, but I recall a fitting on both sides of the sides cockpit side-coaming(is that a nautical term?) that I think was its main attachment point--will have to look in old photos for that.

It is folded up with a cover zipped on it leaning on the wall behind some boxes I am starting to look at for downsizing. It appears to have the fabric in good shape but with a decade's worth of dust/dirt and spider webs on it. Though I would have to move it out to open it up and check that or photograph it. Not sure what a reasonable price to sell it for, but delivery/pickup is the practical issue that would need to be solved (I am in Kansas City). I would love to see it get used and enjoyed.

Any interest?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
1979 Chrysler 22--flatwater sailing on Lake Jacomo
CLS72

Post by CLS72 »

Hi - definitely - will be great if you could post pictures here so we can check how it is a Bimini - will send a you PM
dennyzen
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dennyzen »

Right. I'll probably reach it by the end of the week. So I guess that means I am promising to get it out and take and post pics by the weekend.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
1979 Chrysler 22--flatwater sailing on Lake Jacomo