I miss my boat

Here you can discuss Chrysler Sailing across all makes of Chrysler sailboats.
ronc98

I miss my boat

Post by ronc98 »

I am sitting here at Ft Walton Beach, Fl and I have to say this would be the perfect place to have her. The water is crystal clear, the weather is perfect.

Next year I am pulling my C-26 down with me.

I am extremely jealous to any of you that live in or have sailed this area.
NYCSAILOR

Post by NYCSAILOR »

UH! torture.... you can always charter or bum a ride
Banshi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Banshi »

you'll be singin a different toon if that low pressure area in the gulf, just south of you, turns hurricane and pays you a visit :wink:
EmergencyExit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by EmergencyExit »

Shhh don't say the "h-word" around EE, she's funny about that after the last one. :wink:

Banshi, I figured out what's worse than these hot summer days with the boomers - hot and no boomers. We had 109 heat index, 54% relative, and no relief yesterday. And this from me who lives for summer weather.
ronc98

Post by ronc98 »

This is a vacation with me and the kids so no sailing for me. My kids are a bit to young to help sail and sailing single handed with kids makes it a bit tougher.

EE is right about the afternoon boomers cooling it down. The water in the pool and ocean is almost too hot.

No "H" world mentioned from me. I leave in a few days so I not to concerned.

I am going to try and look up a few marine surplus stores I hope I can find a few local so I can check them out.
Banshi
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Banshi »

It's been boomin here everyday for a couple of weeks now seems like, been doing some restoration work painting the deck, repairing the hatch and rails and this rain is gettin in my way! But it does help cool it down, if only till the sun comes back out to make it a nice and steamy pressure cooker :lol:

You have to watch these storms in the gulf close. One day they are just a few showers the next thing you know a day later they are a full blown storm. Hope it amounts to nothing though and your vacation goes off with out a hitch.
thepartydog

Marine Surplus

Post by thepartydog »

Ronc,

I wish I knew you were going to be in the area. The closest marine surplus is Pensacola, I think. There is also one in Panama City, but I haven't been to either one yet.

I would offer you and your family a sail, but You Never Know is still on land. Sand, sand and more sanding.

Are you staying in FWB proper? While your here, take a drive down 98 across the Destin Bridge. Check out the mouth of the pass. If the tide is right, there will be a stationary wave at the mouth. Kinda neat to see. I haven't had an opertunity to sail out over it yet. Everyone keeps telling me it's tricky.

Darin
Darin
"Ya Never Know"
1980 C26
ronc98

Post by ronc98 »

Thanks for the offer on sailing. I will be done here again soon.

I am staying in Santa Rose BLVD so I am only a few miles away from Destin bridge. It is amazing how many boats are there. The mouth of the bay looks interesting, it looks like there are waves breaking all the time right at the mouth. I do not think I have yet seen a boat travel out of that yet. The gulf looks pretty calm, Love to have mine out there.